The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Do you use it to switch between solo's and comping or do you use the volume control for that?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jpb
    Do you use it to switch between solo's and comping or do you use the volume control for that?
    I never have used the switch to cut the volume. It’s too drastic and steals all the tone. It is very useful though as a way to fasten the control box to the pickguard.
    Keith
    DeArmond RC Rhythm Switch - Do You Use It?-b16d7309-1804-47ea-897e-eedbb5878c57-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    I never have used the switch to cut the volume. It’s too drastic and steals all the tone. It is very useful though as a way to fasten the control box to the pickguard.
    Keith
    DeArmond RC Rhythm Switch - Do You Use It?-b16d7309-1804-47ea-897e-eedbb5878c57-jpeg
    Yeah, I had an RC-1000 for many years, and I hated that rhythm switch. Like floatingpickup said, it cuts the volume and tone down so much, it made my D'A sound like a toy when I pushed it down. It was made for a different era of music.

User Info Menu

Agree. I don't like or use mine either. I just use the volume control -- not the switch.

User Info Menu

I do not use a DeArmond right now but have the Kent Armstrong version on my Trenier and the tapped output (reduced windings) works very well since it cleans up the sound, cuts some mids and adds some highs, effective for a brighter swing-rhythm sound !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gitman
    I do not use a DeArmond right now but have the Kent Armstrong version on my Trenier and the tapped output (reduced windings) works very well since it cleans up the sound, cuts some mids and adds some highs, effective for a brighter swing-rhythm sound !
    Untapped, it's like a Dearmond. Tapped, it's like a P-90. Excellent pickup.

User Info Menu

Oh THAT is what that was for. I thought it was an on-off switch.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your thoughts. I felt the same about the harshness an thinny tone with the rhythm knob engaged, but now it is quite OK. Could be different speakers I recently put in...I don't know...