The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

for you guys that like a little "hair" on your tone...new quilter overdrive 202 amp head...3 lbs...200 class d watts...multi-channel

more info @- Quilter Labs Announces the OverDrive 202 | Premier Guitar

cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jack is a big fan of Quilter amps way back I read (IIRC) he was going to do a comparison between the 200 and 202. Did I miss that?

User Info Menu

Amazing. I asked Pat a while back about doing something like this, two channels with reverb, at that time he told me that there was not enough room in that enclosure to provide that versatility. Looks like they somehow did it. Kudos to Quilter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Amazing. I asked Pat a while back about doing something like this, two channels with reverb, at that time he told me that there was not enough room in that enclosure to provide that versatility. Looks like they somehow did it. Kudos to Quilter.
    I don't think there was room, it does not fit in the optional rack mount.

From the Quilter site regarding the rack mount:

"Includes hardware to mount any 200 series block (Tone Block 202 or 100 series requires separate mounting scheme.)"

IIRC, I read it was suggested to use double sided sticky tape.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    I don't think there was room, it does not fit in the optional rack mount.

From the Quilter site regarding the rack mount:

"Includes hardware to mount any 200 series block (Tone Block 202 or 100 series requires separate mounting scheme.)"

IIRC, I read it was suggested to use double sided sticky tape.
    But it looks like they fit the Overdrive 202 into the ToneBlock 202, with two more pots in front. That's what I was referring to.

User Info Menu

I think Woody's right. Same case dimensions in 'specs' and they both fit in BlockDocks.

I could see this one coming just about the time I bought the TBlock 202. I've spent some time gazing at it wondering how they would get more knobs on the face. For one, they went to smaller knob bases. For another they did away with the XLR out on the back, which would free up a little space inside while also making room for foot-switch connect.

If the OD202 sounds as good as the TB202 Full Q setting it's a winner in my book. I really liked the 2 channel implementation on my old Aviator. Not that I need it or anything. Down in the basement there's plenty of time to dial in diff levels of dirt. (maybe it's true: I'm not really a musician anymore) :)

User Info Menu

Great , so you get a Dumble in a 3.3 lb package ?

I once saw Mr 335 Carlton playing a Dumble ODS
    with just a volume pedal all night ....
    He got beautiful clean to various amounts of crunch/sustain
    throughout the gig and hardly touched the amp all night long !
    i want some of that please !

Is it at all realistic to expect the OD 202 to do that ?

mind you , saving up could take a while ..... it's priced at £475
    from what I can see

damn .... I'll have to stay with the BAM200 and
    American sound pedal clone for the time being ....

play on ....
    Last edited by pingu; 07-02-2020 at 07:36 AM.

User Info Menu

feeling lucky?? premier guitar is giving away a new quilter od202

PG Giveaways: Quilter Labs OverDrive 202 | Premier Guitar

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    feeling lucky??
    punk!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link

yes , I'm feeling lucky !

User Info Menu

I don't know. I'm happy with a one-channel amp, but is this a useful control setup for a two-channel amp? The TMB controls apply to both channels (despite the panel layout), but typically, you'd want to be able to set them individually on a two-channel amp, right? I guess there are limits to how many knobs you can fit.

User Info Menu

I think it depends on the player. With the TB202 I find I don't really touch EQ once I'm dialed in. Mind you, I'm not changing the gain set-up a lot. It's just sometimes I like it 100% clean and sometimes I like it with a touch of breakup and at the same volume. That Wes sound on something like Mellow Mood in the chord work. Which is actually quite filthy by trad jazz standards.

Of course there's pedals for that. I have a JRockett Blue Note that does it well and also gives separate EQ for the hairier sound if you want it.

I can see the attraction in doing it all in amp though. I think it'll work really well for some folks and maybe not that great for others. I know it'd work well for me if it truly has the TB202 sound, and if I really needed that instant switching.... which I actually don't at the moment.

I'm sticking with TB202. I've never been happier with an amp.

User Info Menu

I love my one channel TB202, and with a 2x12 cab I could play any venue,even outside and have enough volume, LOL!

I've found with a small pedal board I'm set for gigs! That is if I'm still around when gigs come back!