The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I played some gigs with a SRV fanatic who used the same leslie for that fender vibratone sound,

User Info Menu

I like these rotary speakers. My better half is not a big fan of them. George Harrison was a genious with Leslies and slides.

User Info Menu

Interesting. Can you vary the speed of rotation? Does the motor run on 110 VAC or did you need to do some power supply work?

Yes, the two motors (fast / slow) have 117VAC printed on the units so I just ran a 3 prong outlet cable to each motor to make sure everything works. As of now I can only run one speed at a time and can't switch speeds while playing. I think I just need two relays, one to switch the mains to each motor (fast / slow) and another to interrupt power for a brake setting that I can switch with a footswitch...That said, I'm likely going to consult someone that works with electrical so I do it safely.

User Info Menu

Very cool! It would look a lot better on stage than my Lex pedal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by delo054
    Yes, the two motors (fast / slow) have 117VAC printed on the units so I just ran a 3 prong outlet cable to each motor to make sure everything works. As of now I can only run one speed at a time and can't switch speeds while playing. I think I just need two relays, one to switch the mains to each motor (fast / slow) and another to interrupt power for a brake setting that I can switch with a footswitch...That said, I'm likely going to consult someone that works with electrical so I do it safely.
    Cool! I hope you'll post some more vids for us as the project progresses :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by delo054
    Prints for most Leslie amps are here:

Leslie amplifier schematics

User Info Menu

A Wobulator!

User Info Menu

Oh dear! Îm beginning to regret reading this post... i’ve just ordered a Danelectro Billionaire Big Spender pedal to get a good Leslie sound - can’t afford the real thing :-(
    Whilst awaiting delivery I’m wondering where might be a good place to put it in my effects chain into my ToneMaster Deluxe. At the end of the current chain is an EH C9 organ pedal, and my initial reaction is to place it after the C9 - despite modulation pedals usually sitting earlier (post gain/distortion).
    Anyone here using the Big Spender who can give an informed view?

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    Prints for most Leslie amps are here:

Leslie amplifier schematics

Thanks for sharing this!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ray175
    Oh dear! Îm beginning to regret reading this post... i’ve just ordered a Danelectro Billionaire Big Spender pedal to get a good Leslie sound - can’t afford the real thing :-(
    Whilst awaiting delivery I’m wondering where might be a good place to put it in my effects chain into my ToneMaster Deluxe. At the end of the current chain is an EH C9 organ pedal, and my initial reaction is to place it after the C9 - despite modulation pedals usually sitting earlier (post gain/distortion).
    Anyone here using the Big Spender who can give an informed view?
    I have a Money Laundry, which is very similar. It has a good sound, but it boost the volume more than I care for.