you and barney kessel!

good to see you jazzbow

cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The jazzmaster Shape – is it really that comfortable?-tenor-gif-MIC

A pensée est réciproque mon ami

User Info Menu

I'm sure the JM is a comfortable guitar but more comfy than a Strat? My Strat melts into my body sitting or standing like I was born with it there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRS
    I'm sure the JM is a comfortable guitar but more comfy than a Strat? My Strat melts into my body sitting or standing like I was born with it there.
    It's a lot like a Strat in that regard. I find the right arm reach and hand placement a bit more comfortable on the JM body. And the JM cutaway provides even better access. Not that you're going to spend a lot of time at the 20th fret. Strat is lighter. JM sustains. You should have at least one of each.

User Info Menu

I bought a Squier Affinity Jazzmaster on a whim last year ($200 street price, the cheapest thing Fender makes except the Hello Kitty).

I haven't played another guitar since.

User Info Menu

Here are mine. I wouldn't say that the 6 string is super light, but it isn't very heavy. It is a roasted ash body that is under 4lbs. The hardware and electronics add up though. It has a set of Kinman pickups on it which are really nice. That guy has perfected noiseless pickups. He has thought of every way to make them work with all the nuances of options, and they sound great to me. BTW, the 12 string JM is very light. That has a chambered body. To answer the original question, JM are super comfortable. That was Leo Fender's intention and he hit the mark, IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images The jazzmaster Shape – is it really that comfortable?-img_1907-jpg The jazzmaster Shape – is it really that comfortable?-img_1908-jpg The jazzmaster Shape – is it really that comfortable?-img_1909-jpg