The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 68 of 68

User Info Menu

I’m more into the sound of tubes but that’s some very tasteful playing.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Sounds really good as always, I am wondering how do you describe the difference vs. your Fender?

User Info Menu

Dear all,

Thanks for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabor View Post
    Sounds really good as always, I am wondering how do you describe the difference vs. your Fender?
    . Different universe. MB vs. Fender has a more immediate response. I think it's great when you're looking for a kinda "thunk" sound. Would love to hear others comments about MB vs. Fender.

Cheers.

User Info Menu

Hello Guys
    Ive just spotted this ad in the local market (Brazil) and could use your wisdom here:
    Its a Polytone ...I know I want one but after doing some searches here and there , I read somewhere that this model might not be so desirable ...Can someone enlighten me on this specific one?

Polytone Amps-screenshot-2020-06-01-11-25-13-jpg

Polytone Amps-screenshot-2020-06-01-11-25-21-jpg

Polytone Amps-screenshot-2020-06-01-11-25-29-jpg

User Info Menu

I tried one of this and it was a very good amp. Though the warmest ones are the only Bass and Treble and Reverb early models. That being said probably this models are more versatile.

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Keeping on the theme...I now decided to search Ebay for a 12' speaker one.
    Found two: One without Reverb and original owner. And another with reverb . Both fuzzy covered.
    Im tending towards the non reverb one. What do u guys think?

Polytone Amps-screenshot-2020-06-08-11-35-59-jpg

Polytone Amps-screenshot-2020-06-08-11-35-25-jpg

Polytone Amps-screenshot-2020-06-08-11-35-12-jpg

Polytone Amps-screenshot-2020-06-08-11-35-50-jpg

User Info Menu

Nice amps. I have the MB III with 15". I got it initially for double bass but it's great with gtr as well.

User Info Menu

The MB with the Sonic Circuit is still a great amp. You will find the classic Polytone MB tone in the non-Sonic Circuit (Channel I). I have fooled around with Channel II (Sonic Circuit), but it isn't for me.

User Info Menu

So happy to find a thread about polytone amps, even if it is not that much happening.

I have own a Polytone mini-S12-L for over 35 years. Not a jazz player, it was included the bass guitar I bought.
    It so hard to find any information about Polytone in general, even worse for information about the mini-S12-L. Why google finally decided to included this thread in the result is anyone's guess.

I really should try to sell the amp because I haven't used it for a long time. But I have some questions.

There is a knob for "Octave volume" that isn't doing anything. Is there an octave effect in the amp? Is there a way to switch it off/on besides the knob?

There is a kind of clicky sound about twice per second. Any idea on what that could be and how to get rid of it?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 50hz noise View Post
    So happy to find a thread about polytone amps, even if it is not that much happening.

I have own a Polytone mini-S12-L for over 35 years. Not a jazz player, it was included the bass guitar I bought.
    It so hard to find any information about Polytone in general, even worse for information about the mini-S12-L. Why google finally decided to included this thread in the result is anyone's guess.

I really should try to sell the amp because I haven't used it for a long time. But I have some questions.

There is a knob for "Octave volume" that isn't doing anything. Is there an octave effect in the amp? Is there a way to switch it off/on besides the knob?

There is a kind of clicky sound about twice per second. Any idea on what that could be and how to get rid of it?
    Please may we see some pics?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garybaldy View Post
    Please may we see some pics?
    Sure.

Polytone Amps-poly01-jpgPolytone Amps-poly02-jpgPolytone Amps-poly03-jpgPolytone Amps-poly04-jpgPolytone Amps-poly05-jpg

Too big?

User Info Menu

I've never seen one of these! Cool.

User Info Menu

Sure.

Polytone Amps-poly01-jpgPolytone Amps-poly02-jpgPolytone Amps-poly03-jpgPolytone Amps-poly04-jpgPolytone Amps-poly05-jpg

Too big?
    Thanks. I like that!
    I have a MBIII and a Teeny, both with the same harlequin covering and foam grill with cast emblems. They are both 3 knob no reverb.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    I've never seen one of these! Cool.
    From one of the catalogues a friendly youtuber/guitar teacher sent me: "formerly known as 102"

Is there an upload size limit for files? Maybe those catalogues could be interesting for this thread?

User Info Menu

I had once an 102 for some years. I think that the ’octave’ knob refers to an effect that is some kinda combination of an octaver and tremolo. The clicking sound might mean that the ’time’ function of that tremolo effect works, but some parts which should cut the sound don’t work anymore – except click.

Or then I am wrong!

Great amp, by the sound and the size. Changed it to a smaller Polytone, Mini Brute IV.

User Info Menu

I have not received a reply to my question about uploading files larger than what is normally accepted to the forum threads. That is a bit odd since it has been over a week now...

User Info Menu

I have not received a reply to my question about uploading files larger than what is normally accepted to the forum threads. That is a bit odd since it has been over a week now.
    The obvious solution is to upload your file to a file sharing service like Mediafire where you can get a free account, and then post a link to the file here - or shrink the size of your file.

User Info Menu

Posting to a thread may not get noticed. Dirk is the owner of the forum and the only staff, AFAIK. The forum is only a sideline for him, and I doubt he has time to read every post. If you need a reply, send a PM to him. I wouldn't get my hopes up, though. You can use a file-sharing site, or YouTube, for posting the files.