The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 196

User Info Menu

A new round of excitement The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-f95278b2-d7be-404c-ac62-d59e3287240e-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Please elaborate on what a Silver Fox Campellone entails?

User Info Menu

vinny you are one true guitar lovin gentleman

& congrats & happiness for silverfoxx...what a turnaround from a short time ago, when he was liquidating stuff...such good news!!..nothin sweeter than a comeback!

looking greatly forward to this build...

go mr. campellone go

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Please elaborate on what a Silver Fox Campellone entails?
    There is a pic right above your post, looks good to me

User Info Menu

Alan,
    Looking forward to all the build updates.....its going to be fun.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Another Campellone thread. WooooHooo!

User Info Menu

Congrats!!! What are the specs?

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Just love that Wood!! Looking forward to following the build. Best of luck!!!

User Info Menu

Hi Gustavo.
    The specs for the new guitar are :-
    Scale 25" , Body 17" width, Depth 3" Nut width 1.11/16th"
    It will feature a KA built in pickup with controls on the body
    The model designation is "DeLuxe " and will have a thick
    carved top. The Colour finish will be Chestnut Sunburst.
    I have every confidence in Mark Campellone, who is very
    efficient, and a gentleman, a pleasure to deal with

Best regards, Silverfoxx

User Info Menu

Jads 57
    Can I refer you to my answer to Gustavo here, which details the
    specs of the new Campellone about to commence its build

Kind regards, silverfoxx

User Info Menu

These posts are compounding my gas. The final bucket list guitar was supposed to be an L-4 CES. But, now... I’m wondering if a Campellone should be next. Until I can figure it out, I am enjoying experiencing this vicariously through Vinny1k and now Silverfoxx!

Happy New Guitar Day today, Vinny!

Good luck on this build Silverfoxx!

Roli

User Info Menu

If you ask me, I think there should be Walther PPK's inlaid on the fretboard, from various angles. And we all know the 1st song you should play on this guitar..
    Only fitting..
    So deserving for you to have this guitar Foxmann. Mark is gonna make you very happy. I am so excited for you buddy.
    Cant wait!
    Joe D

Mark told me he picked out some really nice flamed maple that is really going to “POP” with the chestnut sunburst.

007- enjoy the build ride.

User Info Menu

this guitar will definitely have a "License to Kill"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rolijen
    These posts are compounding my gas. The final bucket list guitar was supposed to be an L-4 CES. But, now... I’m wondering if a Campellone should be next. Until I can figure it out, I am enjoying experiencing this vicariously through Vinny1k and now Silverfoxx!

Happy New Guitar Day today, Vinny!

Good luck on this build Silverfoxx!

Roli
    Roli, thank you for your good wishes, as you may surmise ,Vinny1k and I are very good friends, and I take his recommendations seriously.
    We both have owned a considerable number of Gibsons, including an L4CES ( mahog back &sides) It is a very good guitar and IMHO
    infinitely preferable to an ES175 ,but I suggest that a Campellone would be a far better buy, you can only obtain a used L4CES as they
    are no longer in production. If my friend tells you that a Campellone is a better option, then sure as eggs it is.

Kind regards Silverfoxx

Note the D’Aquisto New Yorker Mark is restoring in the pic. It was a original blonde but was left in a attic for years. Top was cracked and needed a complete rebound. The gassing binding stained the guitar hence the new dark finish.

User Info Menu

Vinny,
    Re: the D’Aquisto in the background, that would be EXACTLY what I would do, if I had the chance. Find an old D'Angelico with good bones and send it right to Mark. Have him turn it into a brand new guitar again, with new bindings a neck reset, build up the neck height, firm up the bracing.. Ask him to return a guitar to me that I know will last another 60 years without me having to worry about it. With a cutaway. Not restored to collector condition, but Restored to a condition that is like it was when it was new. I know I would pay probably $15,000 for the bones and pay Mark $3,500 and receive back a guitar that would be worth $8,000. Bad business decision, but I wouldn’t care one bit. I’d get buried with it anyway.
    I’d ask Mark to put his name inside the guitar. A D’Angelico made perfect and new again by Mark Campellone. 2 of the greats.
    Joe D
    (Yeah I know, I lost my mind.. this CoVid thing is driving me f crazy.)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Hi Gustavo.
    The specs for the new guitar are :-
    Scale 25" , Body 17" width, Depth 3" Nut width 1.11/16th"
    It will feature a KA built in pickup with controls on the body
    The model designation is "DeLuxe " and will have a thick
    carved top. The Colour finish will be Chestnut Sunburst.
    I have every confidence in Mark Campellone, who is very
    efficient, and a gentleman, a pleasure to deal with

Best regards, Silverfoxx
    Silverfoxx, i know it will be a great guitar and more comfortable than the normal L-5 specs. Congratulations. I have a question.
    Why did you prefer the KA built in pickup instead of the standard Classic 57? Are you looking for a different kind of sound?
    Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo Eiriz
    Silverfoxx, i know it will be a great guitar and more comfortable than the normal L-5 specs. Congratulations. I have a question.
    Why did you prefer the KA built in pickup instead of the standard Classic 57? Are you looking for a different kind of sound?
    Thanks.

Gustavo,
    a good question, i like the Classic '57 pickup(s) they are on my Byrdland, Tal Farlow and L5CT and are fine.
    Both Mark C and Vinny1k recommended the KA in lieu of a '57, their opinion was that a KA sounds even
    better mounted on a Campellone, and I am happy with their advice. I will say in passing that your
    Gibson has the best tone that I , and others, have heard from an L5.

A KA is more balanced and focused than a 57. IMO much better for chord melody. Every string has the same volume every fret.
    I always thought the 57 was the best till Mark was adamant about the KA. I wanted a 57 in my Campellone. Glad I listened to Mark.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    A KA is more balanced and focused than a 57. IMO much better for chord melody. Every string has the same volume every fret.
    I always thought the 57 was the best till Mark was adamant about the KA. I wanted a 57 in my Campellone. Glad I listened to Mark.
    They are a bit different. The KA is more like a genuine PAF in that it is unpotted and is a bit more "microphonic". Arguably, the 57 classic can be a bit "muddy" by comparison. I like them both, but if I was custom ordering a guitar, I would probably go with the KA. That said I have no plans on replacing the 57 classics in my 4 Gibson archtops that have them with KA's.

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    If you ask me, I think there should be Walther PPK's inlaid on the fretboard, from various angles. And we all know the 1st song you should play on this guitar..
    Only fitting..
    So deserving for you to have this guitar Foxmann. Mark is gonna make you very happy. I am so excited for you buddy.
    Cant wait!
    Joe D
    Sir 007 informed me that several years ago he switched over to a Glock. Though heavier and harder to conceal he appreciates the improvement in accuracy and reliability.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Sir 007 informed me that several years ago he switched over to a Glock. Though heavier and harder to conceal he appreciates the improvement in accuracy and reliability.
    Wait... no way Bond is carrying Combat Tupperware! Walther Forever! I've never had a failure in my PPKS!

I'm just shocked. I gotta sit down a minute.

Sorry Lawson but after being knighted by the Queen 2 years ago for his life long service as her No.1 secret agent I believe his opinion holds more weight on his daily service weapon of choice. Not to mention his keen marksmanship. He can shoot a gnat off a water buffalo’s butt from 500 yards. And yes his martini must be shaken not stirred.

And when he wasn’t stomping out evil he was instructing his disciple Joe Pass.The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-f5821cec-df60-4c85-95e0-470a850274d5-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    (Yeah I know, I lost my mind.. this CoVid thing is driving me f crazy.)
    Yeah, I'm losing my mind too...but over all of Vinny's Campellone builds. Vinny, you are the man!!!