The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Posts 126 to 150 of 196

User Info Menu

Foxman, The neck on your guitar makes me want to go get a haircut!!
    I always say it, but that is the most beautiful that guitar will ever look. Its a shame the Wood has to change from white wood to Amber. I pray the day will come when a a Sealer/Age Inhibitor is developed that will keep wood from discoloring. Something that will neatralize the lignon and acids in the wood so 40 years from now, that guitar looks just like it does in those pics.
    You guitar is beautiful 007. Play June a beautiful song with it, for us.
    JD

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Have to disagree Joe, not a fan of bright white at all. Much prefer that mellow yellow.

I too love it when blonde turns to honey. Back in the old days when everyone smoked, smokey bars and clubs really sped up that process. You could have a dark honey guitar with yellow binding in no time.

User Info Menu

Back when I was young and everyone smoked, I worked in my father's TV repair shop. TVs back then were all tube, and generally inside wooden cabinets with a glass pane in the front, with the chassis and picture tube behind it. We got a call once from an older couple who said their picture tube had died, and wanted us to replace it. Those old CRTs did die. When we arrived at the house and pulled the chassis, we noticed that we could barely see through the glass pane. Years of both of them smoking close to the front of the TV had coated everything with carbon and nicotine. We spent almost an hour cleaning the glass pane and the CRT with Windex, after which the picture was perfect. My father then refused to charge them anything, because there was no problem with the TV. Smoke can really build up on hard surfaces, but it can be cleaned off if one really wants it off.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Attachment 75110
    I like the OCD lineup:
    -oddball Standard Custom
    -Standard
    -Deluxe
    -Special
    -Cameo
    Ha! - pretty funny, Hammer, that you picked up on that manifestation of my OCD tendencies - I normally organize each batch by size, going from the smallest guitar to the largest (makes sense production-wise) - in this case, they also go from plain to fancy -

Finish going on. Mark says the pics make it look more red than the actual chestnut color. The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-96d53305-2994-4421-9c53-85bcfcf245f9-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-c4c9e4c5-9c3c-4395-a2cb-aee69d7760d1-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-286dbf7f-e4e6-4d7e-9107-aa6a24dd6305-jpg

Mark sure knows how to spray a great sunburst. Not to mention his great binding scraping abilities. Easy on the coffee on those days.....LOL

User Info Menu

Scrumptious!

User Info Menu

But does it have an ejector seat? HMMMM????

User Info Menu

Wow ! Just gorgeous and right on schedule for an October delivery.

When it comes to a Gibson style custom guitar build - no one does it better than Mark Campellone .....and by now I’m sure most would agree.

Very happy for you Alan - a very smart purchase indeed.

User Info Menu

What an absolutely gorgeous burst. Excited to see it finished

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Wow ! Just gorgeous and right on schedule for an October delivery.

When it comes to a Gibson style custom guitar build - no one does it better than Mark Campellone .....and by now I’m sure most would agree.

Very happy for you Alan - a very smart purchase indeed.
    Thank you Steve, very few would disagree, pleasing to see more than 6k views on the post, which must enhance Mark's reputation further.
    I have been delighted with the progress of the guitar, and of course grateful to Vinny and yourself for your recommendations, I am a great
    believer in deferring to experts for advice on these matters.

Best regards,

User Info Menu

That Chestnut Sunburst is absolute mastery with a spray gun. Mark makes it look easy.

Hey, just another iconic archtop created by a Master in a time when these things are becoming more rare.

User Info Menu

Could there be a more beautiful sunburst?
    Nope....incredibly pretty)))
    thanks for all the pic sharing.

User Info Menu

My goodness.
    The top doesn’t look like wood. It looks like porcelain. The color, the burst - just crazy beautiful.
    Mark, you do beautiful work. You really do.
    Master builder.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

forget the body! look at the neck...juicy!

mastery in action

cheers

The new colorful batch The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-f69e2e5b-f416-468b-ab71-5d89b1e3124c-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-7d4be601-51ee-4041-a7b8-0728248a93ad-jpg

The Cameo appears to be solid chestnut. Nice batch !

User Info Menu

Vinny it really is. There’s a lot of everything right there.
    I hope Mark sends a picture of all of these finished in one picture. Quite a lineup.
    JD

Mark cut his batches from 6 to 5. He is getting older and wants to slow down a bit but his popularity is obviously on a big rise. Does not look good for our boy named Mark. No kicking back eating those big lobsters over there and watching the sun set into the ocean. Slam down a tuna sandwich and get back to carving tops......LOL. I do believe he still really loves what he does but the bones ache more now. We are both traveling Route 66. He doesn't have a lick of fat on him and no bad habits. Hopefully he can bless the world with another 150 archtops before he hangs up his chisels.

User Info Menu

amen vinny...keep preachin the MC truth...long may he prosper!

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Mark cut his batches from 6 to 5. He is getting older and wants to slow down a bit but his popularity is obviously on a big rise. Does not look good for our boy named Mark. No kicking back eating those big lobsters over there and watching the sun set into the ocean. Slam down a tuna sandwich and get back to carving tops......LOL. I do believe he still really loves what he does but the bones ache more now. We are both traveling Route 66. He doesn't have a lick of fat on him and no bad habits. Hopefully he can bless the world with another 150 archtops before he hangs up his chisels.
    LOL that is great!!
    Retirement is not all it is cracked up to be. There is something to be said about having something positive to do every day, a reason to get up and some work to do. Not to mention bringing in income to help pay for the things one enjoys in life.
    Let’s face it, Mark Campellone does not have a regular 9-to-5. His shop is in his home and he can work at his own pace according to his needs. That type of control leads to a better quality of life. Mark strikes me as a man that would continue to bless us with his archtops..
    Plus, I am on his list for a second Standard MCampellone. From what Mark said that is at least a year out before the start of a build. Gives me a little time to plan for payment..

User Info Menu

This is all great press for an Absolutely well deserving man.
    I love this. Out of the goodness in your heart, you have given the man what is due to him. And he gets to enjoy it while he still alive. All too often Greatness is rewarded when its too late. Not in this case.
    Out of the goodness in your heart Vin. And there is a lot of it there bro.
    Always, JD

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    This is all great press for an Absolutely well deserving man.
    I love this. Out of the goodness in your heart, you have given the man what is due to him. And he gets to enjoy it while he still alive. All too often Greatness is rewarded when its too late. Not in this case.
    Out of the goodness in your heart Vin. And there is a lot of it there bro.
    Always, JD
    Love you Bro !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Hey Vinny - ha!! - loved this post of yours. In the interest of full disclosure (and in the spirit of good humor, of course), I should probably clear up a few inaccuracies : )

While I do enjoy the great seafood we have here in the coastal northeast, I was never a huge lobster fan - only had it about three or four times in my entire life - and after having had an allergic reaction to shell fish a number of years ago, I don't eat it at all anymore - and I don't miss it........I'd rather have pasta : )

Though Rhode Island is famous for it's beaches, I don't spend any time enjoying ocean sunsets - I'm about 45 minutes from the nearest beach, but with beach traffic, that turns into about a two hour drive - no thanks : )

I do normally work straight through the day without any extended lunch break - maybe just a quick midday snack if I need the energy, so no slamming down a tuna sandwich and then back to work. I do, however, enjoy preparing a nice supper for myself every night (my "reward" after a day's work) - and it invariably includes a couple of glasses of wine (shall we consider that a vice?)

And yes, I do try to stay in shape and I'm doing OK for my age , but I can pinch about an inch around my gut - very disturbing : )

Hope this gave you a chuckle : )
    Last edited by MCampellone; 09-24-2020 at 08:25 AM.