The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Posts 76 to 100 of 196

User Info Menu

Thanks for the pics Vinny. How it's progressed rapidly from that large block
    of wood is mindblowing, and pleasing to see so many likes to this thread.
    Did someone recently opine that there is a great decline in the interest of
    Archtops ? It's certainly not evident on our forum LOL

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Fantastic progress ! I’ve never seen a builder more efficient ( and I’ve hung out in many builders shops). Mark’s shop is very tooled up to build his models which streamlines the process . His precise set ups , expert wood working skills and accurate jigs and fixtures- is the reason for his consistent build quality.

Factor in his expertise in applying the finish, buffing it out and setting it up - and the end result is a flawless thing of beauty.

He’s been doing this for decades - and has this process down to a science.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Fantastic progress ! I’ve never seen a builder more efficient ( and I’ve hung out in many builders shops). Mark’s shop is very tooled up to build his models which streamlines the process . His precise set ups , expert wood working skills and accurate jigs and fixtures- is the reason for his consistent build quality.

Factor in his expertise in applying the finish, buffing it out and setting it up - and the end result is a flawless thing of beauty.

He’s been doing this for decades - and has this process down to a science.
    This is an accurate appraisal of Mark & his work ethic, and I have my friends Vinny & you to thank for recommending MC to me.
    I could not contemplate ordering a new L5CES, or Wesmo to replace my previous ones , the 12month wait and cost was beyond
    me. One of the great features of this forum is of friendships forged , and with very knowledgable and intelligent people. Without it
    i might not have known of Mark Campellone , who deserves all the accolades attributed to him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    It’s so exciting to watch the build process. I’m a big fan of Mark’s guitars.
    Attachment 74063
    Ha!!! - been a long time since I've seen one of those T-shirts - from the good ol' days of the Long Island Guitar Show - thanks K.
    Might be time to have some more of those shirts made up : )
    Last edited by MCampellone; 07-24-2020 at 12:17 PM.

I am lucky to have one of those shirts too

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    Ha!!! - been a long time since I've seen one of those T-shirts - from the good ol' days of the Long Island Guitar Show - thanks K.
    Might be time to have some more of those shirts made up : )
    Yup, it’s from the LI guitar show. I think a lot of people on this forum would buy them if you do another batch. Mine is pretty worn.
    Keith

Binding glued on. Next final sanding then the neck. Right on schedule as usual. The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-5883f1d6-d6fe-434d-92cf-8bb48cb1ff11-jpg

User Info Menu

I am grateful to Vinny for posting the progress pics which appear to
    please quite a number of forum members besides me. More exciting
    than buying over the counter.

Silverfoxx

Completed body The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-cdee3066-8cd2-4150-97b8-f66ac6f54097-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-a80b65a3-803e-4b2f-882a-423d2ebdeec3-jpg

User Info Menu

Wow. Id be happy if it was left just like that..
    Really clear top. Beautiful.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Tony, I am like a cat on hot bricks.. agog with anticipation.

Cheers Silverfoxx
    You and me both, Foxx. Looks like at least 10 months for me--definitely worth the wait.

Happy Landings,

Tony D.

User Info Menu

Thanks Vinny & Mark.
    Absolute perfection from my standpoint .

Now for the nice neck.....The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-6fa1c523-f5f5-4d1c-972a-84e6f8bea5f1-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-6445fdfc-ad88-4b69-bbc1-870371bc37d3-jpg

User Info Menu

Its a shame that all of that flame has to get covered up by a Fret Board.. Hey wait, look at those inlays! OK, Never mind..

007, you must be really excited right about now. I'm so happy for you.
    I cant wait to hear your thoughts about this guitar when you open the case, And when you 1st play it.

Fantastic!
    JD

User Info Menu

Moving along nicely. Crisp flawless workmanship - with a predictable outcome of enjoyment approaching.

User Info Menu

Yep, that’s a deluxe neck for sure!

User Info Menu

I'm curious why some builds use the spliced headstock (scarf joint?) and others don't. I wouldn't say either is better or worse. I would love to hear a master-builder talk about when that technique is chosen and when not. I assume if Mr. C. does it, it's excellent, of course. That's why the explanation would be so helpful.

User Info Menu

But when Peerless does it the whole guitar is suddenly junk. Shaking my head.

Mark does it because it saves a ton of wood waste. After the front and back headstock veneers he is the only one that knows about it.
    If a customer insists on no back of the headstock veneer he will do the huge wood waste. I think only if the customer wants a blonde with no veneer though. Mark may correct me about the blonde part. The only non scarf Campy's I've seen are blonde.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    But when Peerless does it the whole guitar is suddenly junk. Shaking my head.
    My Peerless Monarch has a scarf joint AND a heel splice, and it's a fantastic guitar. Gorgeous looks, superb playability, great tone. I really could thrive owning just this one guitar. Glad I don't have to, but it's a superb instrument in every way that matters to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Mark does it because it saves a ton of wood waste. After the front and back headstock veneers he is the only one that knows about it.
    If a customer insists on no back of the headstock veneer he will do the huge wood waste. I think only if the customer wants a blonde with no veneer though. Mark may correct me about the blonde part. The only non scarf Campy's I've seen are blonde.

Sweet inlay work. The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-57899619-3b13-4253-b63a-b1402090cba9-jpg

007....trust me, you are going to be one happy camper.
    I only wish I listened to Steve sooner. Like 20 years ago.
    I remember years ago seeing Campellone guitars on archtop.com wondering if they were good. They are not good they are great !
    Mark Campellone was/is a hidden treasure. He is also a huge Gibson fanboy like a lot of us are. You feel that in his guitars.

User Info Menu

The Deluxe Campellone, will be my last and best guitar, I might have considered a new
    Gibson L5, but there were many factors which led me to realise that a hand made
    guitar built by Mark, was a far better proposition, the scrupulous and meticulous
    attention to detail, is second to none. As Vinnyv1k has said, Mark is a Gibson
    aficionado and uses his skills to produce an even better model.

Silverfoxx

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    007....trust me, you are going to be one happy camper.
    I only wish I listened to Steve sooner. Like 20 years ago.
    I remember years ago seeing Campellone guitars on archtop.com wondering if they were good. They are not good they are great !
    Mark Campellone was/is a hidden treasure. He is also a huge Gibson fanboy like a lot of us are. You feel that in his guitars.
    Vinny,
    I live about 25 miles away from Archtop dot com and have had the pleasure to play guitars seen on Joe's website. The first time I played one of Mark's guitars, it was a blond deluxe, and when I left I swore that someday I'd be an owner of a Campellone. Which I thankfully am!
    Attached Images Attached Images The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-20200808_123039-jpg