Posts 151 to 191 of 191

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k View Post
    Love you Bro !!!
    Love you too bro.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Campellone.

>>and it invariably includes a couple of glasses of wine (shall we consider that a vice?)

No, it is considered decent living. And I should know!

Batch bridges and tailpieces. Mark starts the buffing today. He told me once buffing is brutal work. Soon The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-e843a293-c962-4627-89d4-38d2147ac1f8-jpg

The home stretch......
    The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-10132735-75bd-4716-91ed-7b46ecfd03c4-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-47d1bf30-f9c2-4c86-abb5-c866bc8e71f1-jpg

User Info Menu

Alan - I just love the color of this one .

User Info Menu

It really is beautiful. Thanks for the new pics!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman View Post
    Alan - I just love the color of this one .

Thank you Steve, I was torn between the Dark Cherry or the colour that you see.
    I asked the opinion of my wife June , who has better taste than myself and I had
    to agree , most viewers have said the same. Mark has made a terrific job of it.

Cheers Steve,
    Alan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx View Post
    Thank you Steve, I was torn between the Dark Cherry or the colour that you see.
    I asked the opinion of my wife June , who has better taste than myself and I had
    to agree , most viewers have said the same. Mark has made a terrific job of it.

Cheers Steve,
    Alan
    Including one's spouse in guitar purchase decisions is brilliant. Many here should take note.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger View Post
    Including one's spouse in guitar purchase decisions is brilliant. Many here should take note.
    It has always worked out well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74 View Post
    It has always worked out well for me.
    Not me.....just a cast iron frying pan...LOL

User Info Menu

Not me.....just a cast iron frying pan...LOL
    After buying the L5ces, I had to change the combination on the gun safe. Just sayin.....

User Info Menu

From ICW, the Ibanez inlay: “Wife found out about the new guitar, and she ain’t happy”

The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-56ec4fc9-4e4b-4994-a3aa-3f240912f5f7-jpeg
    (Sorry to pollute this beautiful thread and beautiful guitar, but I just couldn’t resist.)

User Info Menu

007, My God, that is a beautiful guitar. You will only be able to put it down, only to LOOK AT IT.
    That’s a winner. Gorgeous.
    JD

Masterpiece complete The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-ea1cc776-190d-4bbc-868d-38b9c22714ce-jpg

User Info Menu

And you got the Original "Wes Montgomery Style" knobs.
    Most people don't realize it, but the Gold top-hats were on Wes's Original "Wes". And Mark put TI's Jazz Swings on it! They will be a little bright at 1st, but when the break in, Oh my God, Perfecto!

Nothing but good stuff can happen to our guy Alan.
    This, will be perfect for him. I am very excited for you.

Joe D

User Info Menu

Thanks to Vinny for posting the pics during this build culminating in the "Masterpiece"
    we see here. It has exceeded my expectations, I knew it would be very good, but to
    me it is a work of art and great Kudos to Mark Campellone for its production.
    Please excuse me while I salivate sitting in a chair looking at the pics.

That chestnut sunburst is absolutely gorgeous ! Strap knob in the perfect place, like a Guild.
    Bravo Mark and Congrats 007. No worries on shipping. Mark really knows how to pack.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405 View Post
    And you got the Original "Wes Montgomery Style" knobs.
    Most people don't realize it, but the Gold top-hats were on Wes's Original "Wes". And Mark put TI's Jazz Swings on it! They will be a little bright at 1st, but when the break in, Oh my God, Perfecto!

Nothing but good stuff can happen to our guy Alan.
    This, will be perfect for him. I am very excited for you.

Joe D
    Thanks Joe, I must point out that Vinny also very kindly sent the TI's to Mark on my behalf
    a very good friend indeed, a leading light in the group of 7.
    Alan

User Info Menu

Masterpiece complete The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-ea1cc776-190d-4bbc-868d-38b9c22714ce-jpg
    Beautiful guitar!!
    God Bless!!

User Info Menu

magnificent burst...thoms!...perfection

wonderful stuff...couldn't be happier for sf

cheers

User Info Menu

Congratulations Alan!

Hey, are there any photo updates on the Cameo?

User Info Menu

Perfection! That is all.

User Info Menu

Alan,
    You must be excited. The guitar is absolutely gorgeous and completed on schedule as promised. The 4 months went quickly. Wishing you many hours of enjoyment - your going to love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx View Post
    Thanks Joe, I must point out that Vinny also very kindly sent the TI's to Mark on my behalf
    a very good friend indeed, a leading light in the group of 7.
    Alan
    I am not surprised.
    The dude is a Saint.
    I'd go through a wall for him.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman View Post
    Alan,
    You must be excited. The guitar is absolutely gorgeous and completed on schedule as promised. The 4 months went quickly. Wishing you many hours of enjoyment - your going to love it.

As a dog with two tails Steve, hopefully Mark is shipping the guitar early next week
    and if the Gremlins in Customs & Excise will allow it to be delivered intact this month
    all will be good.

Alan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop View Post
    Congratulations Alan!

Not as far as i am aware Greg, its possible that not all of the batch comes via our Forum ,
    the Cameo might belong to a.n. other. Mark furnishes pics of the build to the customer, in
    our case Nick71 and I had ours posted via Vinny who enjoys the build process ,and it is a
    good method to highlight the guitars in view of our large membership numbers.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Max405 View Post
    I am not surprised.
    The dude is a Saint.
    I'd go through a wall for him.
    JD
    Love you Bro !

Nick and Alan asked me to post there build process. Mark was happy to oblige but he is very customer focused. Pics need a customer OK. Many do not want the world to see.
    The Cameo owner is a forum member and I am sure will post a NGD. Also I am sure this latest Cameo will be on the Campellone website soon.

User Info Menu

Nick and Alan asked me to post there build process. Mark was happy to oblige but he is very customer focused. Pics need a customer OK. Many do not want the world to see.
    The Cameo owner is a forum member and I am sure will post a NGD. Also I am sure this latest Cameo will be on the Campellone website soon.
    Thanks for the update Vinny!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop View Post
    Congratulations Alan!

I spoke with my buddy who's getting the CAMEO, told him some of the forum guys wanted to see pics - he said sure, go ahead and post some - so here goes.........

The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-img_1671-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-img_1677-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-img_1678-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-img_1680-jpg

User Info Menu

Spectacular Mark - thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Thanks MC! That color on the Cameo is absolutely gorgeous! Check out all of the complimentary appointments too! All of you guys with deep pockets don’t want a Cameo?

I don’t have deep pockets but I sure want one.

User Info Menu

Me too, Vinny. My heart skipped a beat! Or 2! One for the Deluxe, and one for the Cameo! Just WoW! Thanks Mark. And, Congrats to SF and to Nick on the new guitars. And, thank you Vinny, for the journal on these builds. You are a saint. I agree.

User Info Menu

Wow!
    The headstock reminds me of the Citation/Unity guitars I’ve seen in the past.
    That color looks like a very difficult color to spray. It is perfectly even.
    Mark, you are amazing. Trees dream of ending up on your workbench someday. Amazing.
    JD

User Info Menu

Gorgeous as that Cameo is, the one I could look at every single day of my life and never tire of is that Chesnut model. Wow. Understated but deep down elegance. That's a guitar to grow old with.

User Info Menu

Hi, I am proud that Mark Campellone posted the Cameo that he just finished for me. I will travel to Rhode Island to pick it up. I did the same thing when the Special I have was completed years ago. Thank you all for your comments!

Don....a huge Congrats ! Mark really knocked it out of the park.
    The wood on the back is unbelievable.
    What a masterpiece. Guitars like that you have to stare at it for awhile before you can play it.
    You can have a Cameo or pay way more for a new standard L5.
    Basically the Campellone version of a Citation for cheaper than a new Gibson L5. Sweet !

User Info Menu

Awesome

Hope it sounds as good as it looks ... or even better

User Info Menu

Nice. Congratulations.

Enjoy it in good health!

Those special Grover tuners go perfect with the chestnut on that Cameo. Congrats Don !