The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 196

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Sir 007 informed me that several years ago he switched over to a Glock. Though heavier and harder to conceal he appreciates the improvement in accuracy and reliability.
    Are you sure that wasn't a Sig 007 was carrying? Well, Germany and Austria share a border so I understand the mix up.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Mark is back in production mode. Top and back.The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-1e463b8e-3014-4626-950e-f90044400eba-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-c0cdb3c9-fa9e-466d-b1ce-68214efa9158-jpg

Note the perfect book match on the back.
    007 you are going to get a real whooper. ( Jimmy D term ).

Ted you are next batch right ? I know Mark is excited to do a cherry sunburst. He said he hasn’t done one in a while. Guitar build threads are quite fun to see chunks of wood come to life.

User Info Menu

Mark is back in production mode. Top and back.The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-1e463b8e-3014-4626-950e-f90044400eba-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-c0cdb3c9-fa9e-466d-b1ce-68214efa9158-jpg
    great to hear...and see!

cheers

User Info Menu

Foxman,
    If ANYONE on the planet was having a guitar made, and it wasnt me, the one person I am MOST glad its being made for is YOU.
    You deserve this guitar so much. Like our friend Stringswinger would say, A life well lived.. You have graced the world with the presence of an absolute true gentleman of the highest caliber. Well, as a result, add ANOTHER beauty to your life (and you have many)..
    I am very happy for you Foxman. A perfect guitar for a perfect husband, perfect Daddy and perfect friend.
    All the best, to the best..
    Joe D.

......and all those years of dedication - stomping out evil.

User Info Menu

......and all those years of dedication - stomping out evil.
    I just want to know if the guitar will ship with a shoulder-holster.

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I just want to know if the guitar will ship with a shoulder-holster.
    His guitar strap always has one. Stomping out evil is 24/7

Come October 007 will be playing a blistering version of Cherokee on his new Campy that would even make Tal Farlow run for cover.

User Info Menu

I wanna see that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    I wanna see that!

Afraid not Joe, miracles take longer LOL

Machine process on top and back. The dark spots is very slight burning from the process that gets carved and sanded off. Very nice wood ! The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-9ed00994-ca16-4d41-adf1-0b1e512914f8-jpg

Progress The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-8ae9b19d-9107-4847-9c96-fc62d6807b8b-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-3d703e24-f470-4cb7-8caf-949d46fc8d18-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-36361491-fa5f-4c4f-93a4-2bb8015fb597-jpg

User Info Menu

Progress The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-8ae9b19d-9107-4847-9c96-fc62d6807b8b-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-3d703e24-f470-4cb7-8caf-949d46fc8d18-jpgThe Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-36361491-fa5f-4c4f-93a4-2bb8015fb597-jpg
    Thanks Vinny for posting these pics from Mark, the plates look perfect.,my enthusiasm increases at each stage of this exciting
    build , impatience has to be curbed in waiting. I hope that our friends here can also enjoy this process of which there will be
    a very satisfactory conclusion in a couple of months. Mark C does a first class job on every guitar that he builds.
    Kind regards my friend.

User Info Menu

Looks great already, Alan.

User Info Menu

Hi Rob,
    Thank you for your enthusiasm too, the good thing here is there are no sour
    grapes, or snide remarks, on a new build . just general good vibes. I can
    assure you that on completion this guitar will meet with all round approval.

Best regards, Alan

Mark has a Cameo in this batch. It will be chestnut sunburst also.
    Can’t wait to see this batch.
    Next batch Tony will be up to bat. Mark told me he now has a year backlog. No rest for the weary. LOL....

All braced up and ready for the cutaway.
    No seam separating worries The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-e7f6681a-ee96-4cb1-8fc1-0290cc239de2-jpg

As you can see Mark has it down to a fine tuned science.

His necks are very stable also. My Special needed 1 trussrod crank then never moved again. My V1K none so far. He also uses a dual action rod.
    I am very happy for one of my dearest friends.

User Info Menu

^ so clean inside and out! an artist

cheers

User Info Menu

Vin and Alan, WOW, that looks great. This is such an enjoyable experience. I wonder if the strip that reinforces the top plate joining does more than just reinforcing. Perhaps a source of that unique Campellone sound?
    I’m happy for you Alan. Vin, you are a great friend.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Vin and Alan, WOW, that looks great. This is such an enjoyable experience. I wonder if the strip that reinforces the top plate joining does more than just reinforcing. Perhaps a source of that unique Campellone sound?
    I’m happy for you Alan. Vin, you are a great friend.
    JD
    The center strips on the top and back plates are done solely as seam reinforcement (commonly used on flattop guitars) and won't affect sound in any significant way. I know Gibson didn't use it (and I've only seen a few Gibson archtops with center seam issues), but after seeing it used on Heritage archtops, I decided to to start using it myself - figured a little extra insurance can't hurt -

User Info Menu

All braced up and ready for the cutaway.
    The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-e7f6681a-ee96-4cb1-8fc1-0290cc239de2-jpg
    Pardon my ignorance, what are the two little kerfed pieces, obviously having something to do with the cutaway.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Pardon my ignorance, what are the two little kerfed pieces, obviously having something to do with the cutaway.
    Good question - the inner face contours of the plates carry through into the cutaway area - this creates a gap between the plate and the flat gluing surface of the rim assembly in that area - this "ramp" is installed to fill that gap - you can see how it works in the pics below -

The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-img_1342_2-jpg

The Campellone Deluxe Silverfoxx Model begins-img_4084_1-jpg