The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Take what you just did, (playing and all) and repeat it over and over.
    Dont change a thing. It is fantastic.
    JD

Thank you Joe... I didnt change even the shirt in here! Haha.
    This is a very virtuoso showpiece, it has a very difficult fingerpicking piece at the end of the song, is a tradition in this style of music: the bandoneon players of the orchestra played always a virtuoso 16th notes to show ability and earn the applause of the audience.
    This piece is less gentle and romantic. Nevertheless i used the thumb in Wes style in the middle of the piece for the block chords, a concept taken out of jazz music but used here in the music of my country.
    Hope you enjoy it.

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Magnificent!
    Extraordinary playing.
    And the Guitar is absolutely 100% perfect.
    I didn't really need to see and hear the L5Wes doing what your video demonstrates to know I will be getting another L5 in due time, but your video absolutely sealed the deal. 100%. The sound I crave. And I absolutely know what a joy that guitar is to play.
    Great job Gustavo.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Wow! What a player! Good stuff!

User Info Menu

Damn, your playing is so dog gone beautiful Gustavo! Keep 'em coming!

User Info Menu

Hello Gustavo, I really dig your tone and sublime playing. What is your signal chain? You mentioned DI-ed into the Audient soundboard? Which Audient, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Hello Gustavo, I really dig your tone and sublime playing. What is your signal chain? You mentioned DI-ed into the Audient soundboard? Which Audient, if I may ask?
    Thanks everyone. Joe D: i want to hear how a L-5 Wesmo reacts to your beatiful tone.
    Jabberwocky: my chain is L-5 (tone and volume at 10) Di to Audient ID44 recorded in Reaper. I used Fabfilter ProQ3, JS-Saturation (a reaper native effect), Fabfilter Pro-R.
    The Wesmo is a VERY uneven guitar, the notes near the 12th frets sounds too loud and if you hit them with your thumb they need volume automation. But the tone is just too sweet.
    About the EQ i wrote a post about finding the right curve for a good tone, but no one answered. To me it needs an strong low cut, and a wide 6 db boost at 350hz, you might high cut or not, with such a curve you are there almost without getting muddy. The saturation glues the sound and the reverb is personal. The rest is the fingers.
    Hope it helps.

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk