1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Hey guys. Again. haha.
    Sorry I always ask this forum so many damn questions.

    I have an Eastman AR810CE. Does have that usual hex wrench truss rod. What size is this bolt so that I can get the proper tool to adjust it with.

    Thanks so much for all your help!

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    This one fits my Eastman. Not the same model guitar, but I think they use the same truss rod in everything.
    5/16 Truss Rod Wrench Fits Gibson, ESP ect. Luthier Guitar Tool Ships From U.S. | eBay

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    This one fits my Eastman. Not the same model guitar, but I think they use the same truss rod in everything.
    5/16 Truss Rod Wrench Fits Gibson, ESP ect. Luthier Guitar Tool Ships From U.S. | eBay
    Thank you so much! Which model Eastman do you have if you don't mind me asking.

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    I have a T145. It's an older thinline carved spruce hollowbody.

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    I never heard of buying ONE Allen wrench - they usually come in sets. Also, your Eastman may be metric instead of SAE.

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    It doesn't use an Allen wrench. It has a hex nut on the end, which needs a wrench. The one in the link has a socket on one end, and a Phillips screwdriver on the other, for removing the truss rod cover screws. Lots of truss rods have hex nuts instead of Allen sockets.

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Ellis View Post
    I never heard of buying ONE Allen wrench - they usually come in sets. Also, your Eastman may be metric instead of SAE.
    Not always true. I've bought a single allen key truss rod wrench in the past for a past guitar. Also, the Eastman is actually a 5/16" hex as stated above! Thanks for the reply!

    Regards
    BT

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    I have a T145. It's an older thinline carved spruce hollowbody.
    Oh nice! Btw, you were correct. Picked up a multi-tool from GC today (I needed the other tools anyway) and the 5/16" worked. So thank you so much!

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    Eastman read the Benedetto book and followed it faithfully. Benedetto uses the same truss rod, or at least the same style. The same wrench that came with one of my Benedettos fits my Eastman perfectly.