Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Hello,

A few years ago I bought from Rasmus Brohammer a Polytone pedal, in the hope to get "the classical jazz sound" I was not overly impressed using it with my sound card and my Mac, it was ok but no magic.. so it ended in my "music stuff drawer"
    For a year I use a Classic 30, cool amp that I got for very cheap, and quite pleasant sound with my Ibanez AS103, not "the classical jazz sound" I had in my head, the AS103 is a bright guitar, but quite pleasant nevertheless.

Then a week ago (I'm sometime slow to realise things) I tried to connect the Polytone Pedal to the Classic 30's Retun... bingo.. it's magic.
    My rather bright AS103 sounds creamy, délicious throught this settings, the pedal sound + the warmth of Classic 30 as a tube poweramp is .. great is not enough...

Luc

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It’s a nice and effective pedal, very well constructed inside an indestructible case, plenty of sound control and very silent. Beside that, there’s a nice phrase inside and I got a new good friend.
    I use it direct in my DAW and my PRRI and not looking for a traditional sound, the tweaking is very eclectic.
    Thanks Ras.

Praise to the Polytone pedal-0ccdb8a1-d6a0-4b50-b345-d1f8087bdf1f-jpg

User Info Menu

I have one as well and really like it.

User Info Menu

Or perhaps one of these, since the Polytone concept was simply to make a light-weight, more portable, SS version of an old Ampeg with a Baxandall tone stack. No idea of how similar this might be from the Polytone pedal. Hmmmm, wouldn't mind a nice A/B test:
    Attached Images Attached Images Praise to the Polytone pedal-linden_eq_smaller-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 05-24-2020 at 07:09 AM.

User Info Menu

I never heard about the Linden and making a search on Barber website it doesn’t seam to me very similar pedals but... maybe. I‘m curious anyway.

Bass Players rejoice! The Linden E.Q. brings those golden tones of yesteryear to your modern bass rig, the Linden E.Q. captures the sweetest and most recorded bass E.Q. circuit in a simple foot operated box.” In Barber Linden EQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cordalis View Post
    I never heard about the Linden and making a search on Barber website it doesn’t seam to me very similar pedals but... maybe. I‘m curious anyway.
    Bass Players rejoice! The Linden E.Q. brings those golden tones of yesteryear to your modern bass rig, the Linden E.Q. captures the sweetest and most recorded bass E.Q. circuit in a simple foot operated box.” In Barber Linden EQ
    The description is stupid, typical for most pedals. It's simply a Baxandall tone stack like that used on various Ampegs, like the B-15.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lstelie View Post
    Hello,

A few years ago I bought from Rasmus Brohammer a Polytone pedal, in the hope to get "the classical jazz sound" I was not overly impressed using it with my sound card and my Mac, it was ok but no magic.. so it ended in my "music stuff drawer"
    For a year I use a Classic 30, cool amp that I got for very cheap, and quite pleasant sound with my Ibanez AS103, not "the classical jazz sound" I had in my head, the AS103 is a bright guitar, but quite pleasant nevertheless.

Then a week ago (I'm sometime slow to realise things) I tried to connect the Polytone Pedal to the Classic 30's Retun... bingo.. it's magic.
    My rather bright AS103 sounds creamy, délicious throught this settings, the pedal sound + the warmth of Classic 30 as a tube poweramp is .. great is not enough...

Luc
    Is that the Brute EQ? Can you show a picture of this and any webpage description if available? I've never heard of this (not that I'm much of a pedal guy).

I don't know if it would add much to an amp like the Fishman Artist, but I'm always looking for ways to tweak the sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff View Post
    Is that the Brute EQ? Can you show a picture of this and any webpage description if available? I've never heard of this (not that I'm much of a pedal guy).

I don't know if it would add much to an amp like the Fishman Artist, but I'm always looking for ways to tweak the sound.
    Praise to the Polytone pedal-p1000548-jpgPraise to the Polytone pedal-p1000550-jpgPraise to the Polytone pedal-p1000552-jpgPraise to the Polytone pedal-p1000553-jpg

As far as I know there is no specific website or page, but the discussion about the creation of this pedal is there

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff View Post
    Is that the Brute EQ?
    I think there were two and maybe three different Polytone preamp pedals that have been discussed on the forum over the years.

User Info Menu

They are hand made by member jazzmus from Denmark, a very kind person.

As far as I know, he tries to build according each one preferences. He gave me two size options but it’s possible to occur supply constraints, however the quality of construction is supreme.

Praise to the Polytone pedal-ac1daeed-b95b-49dc-be26-6f5c45f6cbc7-jpegPraise to the Polytone pedal-11f1e02d-de06-45b0-9294-184f69bded11-jpeg

To obtain more details you should contact him sending a personal message. Before, if you allow me, I advice you to read the nice main thread on the born and development of the idea, as referred above by Istelie.