The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 82 of 82

User Info Menu

Believe it or not.......I've been using a Behringer DR400 for about 5 years and have had great luck with it. Has reverb and delay at the same time if you want. I think it's pretty much the Boss RV-3 in a plastic box. Mine is dead quiet and works like a champ.........and it's cheap!

Educate Me About Delay Pedals-behringer-dr400-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwackbob
    I really appreciate all of these suggestions. Thank you all. Now only 11 or 12 to track down, research and try!
    How would one describe what might be considered a "high fi" sound to a pedal? Wider frequency response? And is that bad? Or just more personal preference?
    It's mostly marketing. Some years ago some pedals would noticeably "suck" tone or alter the timbre of your instrument, these days that is quite more rare - and most pedals are transparent when on or off. When you plug into the delay see if the guitar changes it's core sound with the pedal on and with the pedal off. I bet it won't...

User Info Menu

I recently bought Mooer Reecho Pro pedal.

I wanted to try delays for long time and it was a nice deal so I just got it to fool around with it.
    My idea is not making a genersl tone for playing (like Hekselman does) but rather using and manipulating it actively as an instrument (more Frisell-like)

I already see that I will need another delay to combine effects and separate looper (the one installed in Mooer works only as separate function with clean tone only).

A couple of questions:
    If I go for another delay which one would be your advice to try?
    Are there delays that have loopers allowing to loop the the track with delay and then play over it with clean sound or another delay effect using the same device?

Thank you

User Info Menu

You could look at:
    - Electro Harmonix Canyon or
    - TC Electronic Flashback

Not used them myself but there are plenty of videos on youtube......

User Info Menu

The Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run has a sound on sound looper setting on it that would probably get you close to what you are looking for.

Educate Me About Delay Pedals-earthquaker-devices-avalanche-run-jpg

Other than that Bill Frisell has used a Line 6 DL4 for quite some time, it is probably your best bet for getting a delay sound similar to his.

Educate Me About Delay Pedals-line-6-dl-4-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHoncho
    The Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run has a sound on sound looper setting on it that would probably get you close to what you are looking for. Other than that Bill Frisell has used a Line 6 DL4 for quite some time, it is probably your best bet for getting a delay sound similar to his.
    Thanks ,

Bill also often uses two Boss delays in chain using Line 6 as a looper only...

I of course consider Line6 too... though I am not after copying Bill's sound, I mentioned him as a general idea of approach to an effect

User Info Menu

The Delay Llama Xtreme from Jam Pedals is worth checking out. Lots of ways to get creative with it. It's the more elaborate version of their Delay Llama pedal (which is an amazing pedal too) that has been used by Bill Frisell, Marc Ribot, John Abercrombie, Nels Cline, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Daniel Lanois, Jonny Lang, Greg Koch, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Kirk Fletcher, etc.

Educate Me About Delay Pedals-delay-llama-xtreme-jpg