The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Posts 176 to 186 of 186

User Info Menu

I hope the original sale was not in pounds sterling because if it was you would lose foreign exchange in the refund exercise. If you used Paypal the refund would be minus Paypal's 4.5% Cross Border fee as Paypal no longer refunds its fees in scuppered transactions. Coupled with Paypal's lousy foreign exchange rate you could be losing 10% of your original USD for nothing.

Don't wish to scare you, Spook. Did you check how much you were actually refunded?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Eddie's Guitars is running a 15% discounted sale on its GL-10s with free CONUS shipping that brings the prices in line with Peach Guitars offerings not to mention you save on the cost of international shipping. They are the Humbucker version.

The Peach Guitars Lowden P90 GL10 has been re-posted for sale on Reverb. I see no indication that buyers from the USA are excluded from the sale so what gives? Why was your purchase refunded?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I hope the original sale was not in pounds sterling because if it was you would lose foreign exchange in the refund exercise. If you used Paypal the refund would be minus Paypal's 4.5% Cross Border fee as Paypal no longer refunds its fees in scuppered transactions. Coupled with Paypal's lousy foreign exchange rate you could be losing 10% of your original USD for nothing.

Don't wish to scare you, Spook. Did you check how much you were actually refunded?

Thanks for flagging all of this. Good to know. Thankfully, this transaction was in dollars and using a Visa. Refund was prompt and accurate. It was just odd.. With a few numbers typed in could readily buy a $20K or more item from a big box store online. But Reverb hangs up on $3K. Odd.

User Info Menu

I don't buy any guitar I cannot play first. I shop amps and pedals online, but with guitars I gotta know my hands are happy.

User Info Menu

Where I live, if I did that I would never own a guitar. The closest store that stocks something other than bog standard teles and Les Pauls is an 8 hour drive one way. I've had pretty decent success buying online but one has to know what they want and be willing to take a chance that they may be disappointed.

User Info Menu

I have had really great experiences with Reverb, including two sales the within the past month. I've found the customer service to be top notch, and thankfully, I haven't encountered any bad actors on the site yet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JSanta
    I have had really great experiences with Reverb, including two sales the within the past month. I've found the customer service to be top notch, and thankfully, I haven't encountered any bad actors on the site yet.
    I have bought and sold stuff on Reverb and all went well.

With EBay, selling has always gone well,
    but I have had some less than stellar experiences there as a buyer. And Paypal once left me out to dry on a fraud deal (I lost less than $50, not enough to bother suing them over, but enough so that all of my Paypal transactions now go through my American Express card).

Craigslist has been great, but I have had flakey buyers not show up and once a seller called me while I was on the road to tell me he sold the guitar to someone who was able to get there faster (That was a wasted 100 miles of driving that day).

My very best buying and selling experiences have been on this forum and the Djangobooks forum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    all of my Paypal transactions now go through my American Express card.
    Amex and PayPal go together like white on rice. I don't buy anything online without them!

User Info Menu

I'm thinking about buying a new guitar. One of my friends said that he had a good experience there and that the reverb customer service is really helpful (I found the info here). But I'm glad that I've found this thread as it is always great to learn from the experience of others.
    Last edited by Eugle; 07-21-2022 at 07:00 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eugle
    I'm thinking about buying a new guitar. One of my friends said that he had a good experience there and that the reverb customer service is really helpful (I found the info here). But I'm glad that I've found this thread as it is always great to learn from the experience of others.
    I have bought and sold guitars (and other gear) on Reverb for years. I have had no problems. Yes, the seller fees have gone up. But for buyers, you'll pay sales tax and that's it. My advise would be not shy away from messaging the seller to ask additional question, ask for additional photos, etc. One time, I was selling a guitar and a potential buyer asked me to FaceTime with him so he could see and hear the guitar. I had no problems with that and he ended up buying the guitar. If a sale goes sideways, which only happened to me once (an ES-175 I purchased had a headstock repair which did not appear in the photos), Reverb stood behind me and processed a refund quickly. Good luck!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eugle