The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 96

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRhythmMan
    I’ve been playing this crazy little circa 1920 Maurer most days lately.
    Ooh! That is sooo cool! LOVEs muh parlor and 00-sized acoustics! I just got my hands on an all hog, Waterloo 12-fret WL12-MK that should arrive on Monday. I'm looking forward to giving it a some playing time (albeit in short stretches, due to my nickel allergy), before it goes in for the obligatory refret job (after the whole Covid-19 mess settles down).

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is my main squeeze for the last year or so. Combs Guitars Aldridge (formerly Boston Ave) model with my disguised Quilter amp head.

User Info Menu

In honor of Flame Maple Friday, I’ve been doing a little Breezin’ with Benson & Benson (Ibanez LGB30 & Fender GB HRD III). So sweet!

Have a great day, all!

Guitar and Amp of the Day-ed5cc812-0e9a-4191-9cd4-019a85bff571-jpg
    Guitar and Amp of the Day-06d9b6ec-b083-4887-af5f-e8348966f7a7-jpg
    Guitar and Amp of the Day-645e0b91-a020-473b-8694-8d589aed3b43-jpg

User Info Menu

No amp today, it's nice out. Gonna sit outside and play some rhythm guitar.

Guitar and Amp of the Day-20200307_155635-jpg

User Info Menu

Kind of an odd couple....but they happen to be today's guitar and amp.

Who could have predicted that a '32 Broadway with a DeArmond could be such a great amplified archtop?
    And this '69 Princeton never lets me down....no matter what's plugged in.

Guitar and Amp of the Day-9cd3294e-c6b3-43f3-ade6-7861fb282450_1_201_a-jpg

User Info Menu

It's homemade day at my house. My Partocaster and Mission Amps 5E3 kit that I put together. I first put the guitar together in 1989 and have been reconfiguring it over the years; I think this is actually the final configuration as I am extremely happy with it. I put the amp together almost 10 years ago. Good grief, where has the time gone?

Guitar and Amp of the Day-df94dc01-85da-4909-8062-66442cf3eca5-jpeg

Later on I am going to emulate Mr. Beaumont and sit on the front porch and play my archtop (2006 Matt Cushman).

Guitar and Amp of the Day-e88e7056-eb09-4add-ba74-658576ace0e0-jpeg

User Info Menu

57 L5CESN through a Standel 25L15 today
    Guitar and Amp of the Day-add5ee04-6f96-430b-8394-67d9300d2e07-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by customxke
    57 L5CESN through a Standel 25L15 today
    Guitar and Amp of the Day-add5ee04-6f96-430b-8394-67d9300d2e07-jpg
    one of the great amps of all time!!! crooks standel...and perfect guitar for it...nice!!

cheers

User Info Menu

The guy on the right. The other two have gotten more attention lately. Amp setup is pretty steady. Two VHT's running at 12 watts each. An Xotic Super Clean upfront followed by an Ibanez analog chorus and analog delay then split to the amps. BTW, I am getting to the point of busting into the closet to get my acoustics out. I don't really have space for them to be out all the time, but given the lockdown I will make room. Best wishes to all.
    Attached Images Attached Images Guitar and Amp of the Day-img_2323-jpg Guitar and Amp of the Day-img_2359-jpg 

User Info Menu

For me it's a daily choice between my 1996 L5 or my 1957 ES-175 plugged into either a Brunetti Singleman 15 (tube) or a Yamaha G110-115 (ss).

The L5 belonged to Forum legend Patrick Amato (RIP) and the 175 was purchased from Forum member ThatRhythmMan. Thanks guys!

I am living proof that the tools don't make the man, or in this case the guitar player.

Guitar and Amp of the Day-guitars-jpg

User Info Menu

These days I'm mostly playing my 2016 Trenier Motif #1126 acoustic archtop. No pickup needed on her - she sounds sweet enough already, either with a pick or fingerstyle. It's the one you can see Pasquale Grasso playing in a video on Trenier's site. But I also play my Collings Eastside Jazz a lot and it's what I use for all my "standing" practice time.

In my practice room, it's my Mambo Wedge 8 which permanently lives there. In my living room it's my Henriksen Blu.

User Info Menu

I got rid of my archtop and acoustics due to shoulder issues, so these are my two pieces. A workhorse that does MIDI and doubles as my comp behind singers axe, and my McCarty that's probably the best instrument I've ever owned. Along with the Mesa Mark V, I can dial in everything from shred fusion to a decent fake off of a jazzbox.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    The guy on the right. The other two have gotten more attention lately. Amp setup is pretty steady. Two VHT's running at 12 watts each. An Xotic Super Clean upfront followed by an Ibanez analog chorus and analog delay then split to the amps. BTW, I am getting to the point of busting into the closet to get my acoustics out. I don't really have space for them to be out all the time, but given the lockdown I will make room. Best wishes to all.
    I love ES-165s. About 20 years ago, I was studying with a local jazz great and faculty member at CIM, At every lesson he would say, “ Wow. That’s the best 175 I’ve ever heard!”, referring to my ES-165 HE. I really miss that guitar. I was a dummy for selling it. But, I get satisfaction knowing that it went to a very talented high school senior who was on his way up in his guitar education. He really benefitted from having a truly great jazz guitar. Still, I miss that sweet axe.

User Info Menu

Holy crap, what a great thread I've just found!
    Some beautiful guitar's on here,. I'm quite envious of those old fender amps a lot of people own.
    I bought this epiphone last week, action was way too high, local guitar repairer has restrung it sorted out the action and one of the frets which was seated too high

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by android
    Holy crap, what a great thread I've just found!
    Some beautiful guitar's on here,. I'm quite envious of those old fender amps a lot of people own.
    I bought this epiphone last week, action was way too high, local guitar repairer has restrung it sorted out the action and one of the frets which was seated too high

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Android, Your Epi Joe Pass Emperor II Pro is a beauty. I tried one and was surprised at how loud it was acoustically. Nice resonant guitar. Congrats and play it in good health!

Roli

User Info Menu

Been enjoying this combo at home as of late:

Guitar and Amp of the Day-gib125td_fenvc_fx-jpg

'62 Gibson ES-125 TD, '66 Fender Vibro Champ
    Joyo American Sound, Van Amps Reverbamate

*Not sure why the pic got duped. My apologies.
    Attached Images Attached Images Guitar and Amp of the Day-gib125td_fenvc_fx-jpg 
    Last edited by JazzPadd; 05-02-2020 at 08:19 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EllenGtrGrl
    Ooh! That is sooo cool! LOVEs muh parlor and 00-sized acoustics! I just got my hands on an all hog, Waterloo 12-fret WL12-MK that should arrive on Monday. I'm looking forward to giving it a some playing time (albeit in short stretches, due to my nickel allergy), before it goes in for the obligatory refret job (after the whole Covid-19 mess settles down).
    This one is a 000 size and boy can it ring out. Considering I usually play 18” guitars, it feels tiny. The neck is wide though and it makes an excellent finger-style guitar.

User Info Menu

Today’s special: ES-125 and Ampeg Gemini II

Guitar and Amp of the Day-img_2744-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Today’s special: ES-125 and Ampeg Gemini II

Guitar and Amp of the Day-img_2744-jpg
    another killer combination...and jumpin the inputs!! nice

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    another killer combination...and jumpin the inputs!! nice

cheers
    Yep! I’ve been getting my basic sound on channel 2, and then mixing in the reverb and a bit of treble bite from the treble boost on channel 1.

User Info Menu

Today I'm playing the 2015 ES175 "Figured" that I bought from Max405 here on the forum. Playing it through the Fender Tone Master Twin Reverb amp. These two were made for each other.

Guitar and Amp of the Day-es175-tmtr-jpg

User Info Menu

Going acoustic again.Guitar and Amp of the Day-20200502_193645-jpg

User Info Menu

Today its this: 57 Byrdland through a '60 Standel 50J12V
    Guitar and Amp of the Day-img_6688-jpg

User Info Menu

I spent a relaxing weekend with my GB200, plugging into a variety of amps (Princeton, Princeton Reverb, Champ II, etc...)
    She sounded amazing through every rig!

User Info Menu

65 Super Reverb
    Attached Images Attached Images Guitar and Amp of the Day-pool-strat-jpg