The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wengr
    Why is it so difficult to make these deigns without words printed on the guitar body?
    Whatever the design, I really dislike names on the body of an instrument.
    I kinda like the subtle little name over the end of the fretboard, instead a big bold name on a headstock. Imagine a bassoon, tuba, or cello with a big inlaid name on top. I like this. Purely superficial preference.

Another headless that most of you probably won't like.-kiesel2-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Jim,

His guitars are very popular with another forum I frequent (Balaguer now offers 8 strings | SevenString.org, Balaguer now offering two headless models. | SevenString.org).

The owner of the company seems to be a really great guy, and understand how the run the business. So many luthiers in that community seem to be such flakes, and he's been pretty solid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I kinda like the subtle little name over the end of the fretboard, instead a big bold name on a headstock. Imagine a bassoon, tuba, or cello with a big inlaid name on top. I like this. Purely superficial preference.
    Another headless that most of you probably won't like.-artist-picture-1-jpg

User Info Menu

Hello Jim,

Didn't you own a Forshage at one point? As it is in the realm of the instruments in this thread, why did you sell it?

Russell

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic
    Hello Jim,

Didn't you own a Forshage at one point? As it is in the realm of the instruments in this thread, why did you sell it?

Russell
    I sold it (along with a lot of what we owned) because we were moving to Mexico from Canada and I could only bring one guitar. I will probably never sell my blue Gosling so that decision was easy. Now i have a single over riding criteria for anything I buy: it has to have either a graphite or roasted maple neck or fingerboard to be more resiliant in this climate.
    Last edited by Jim Soloway; 04-28-2020 at 09:51 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft
    Another headless that most of you probably won't like.-artist-picture-1-jpg
    Ya got me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    This is the Balaguer Anomaly. I had never heard of Balaguer before today but apparently they've become a pretty successful little company using the made in Asia/setup in the US model. This model was originally designed by a sister company called Dark Matter that has now been absorbed into Balaguer. Very much like Kiesel in their choices: different woods, different scale lengths, straight or fanned, 6-string, 7-string, 8-string. I was really taken by the body shape. It looks like it would play really nicely sitting down.

Attachment 71244

Yes, the Anomaly looks just right for my sitting position. The custom order looks like a good idea too. I'd choose a mahogany body, maple neck and fingerboard with no fret markers, SS frets. 7 string.

https://www.balaguerguitars.com/prod...onlinebuilder/

User Info Menu

I love the look of headless guitars, and since i'm often recording, i love the fact that there is more clearance, one day i'm gonna get one of those kiesels or something... when i have money again