The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 69

User Info Menu

My humble Epiphone Sorrento 1962 RI has been getting the job done nicely for the last 3 years.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

My #1. Trevor Gore classical. It has a pure, bright tone and is a joy to play.

I’m primarily a classical player, but with a growing interest in chord-melody. I particularly love Ted Greene’s playing and hope to learn more about such jazz in the next few years.

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-7fbea340-a776-4cef-a807-f8bfa05ae6b7-jpegQuarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-ca57b714-21df-4691-b37e-ad25439a921c-jpegQuarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-62e3ca67-2f4c-42fd-82d0-61c6b03a9f8d-jpegQuarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-923b2062-462b-4dce-818c-dd5b7de1bcc6-jpegQuarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-3c67c893-15f5-4574-b38b-0f8bc8192055-jpegQuarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-e7ae391b-7fda-4890-88b2-124f8d090499-jpeg

User Info Menu

I'd be remiss if I didn't post about my L5ces. This is the guitar I knew I'd never have. But fortunately (!) it has a couple of blemishes in the finish that significantly lowered the price without detracting at all from its stunning beauty, playability, and tone. The price was right, I had the cash, and I pounced. I have never regretted it.

But the staining also kept me from treating this guitar like a case queen. It's out 24/7 and I play it literally every single day. Like me, it has a few blemishes, and like me, I hope it just makes it more lovable!
    Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-l5ces-1-jpgQuarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-l5ces-2-jpgQuarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-l5ces-3-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    My 575. Definitely my numero uno.
    I can see why!! I have never been able to try one of these

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    Holst Laminated Archtop (16"X2.75"):

Stunning!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I'd be remiss if I didn't post about my L5ces. This is the guitar I knew I'd never have. But fortunately (!) it has a couple of blemishes in the finish that significantly lowered the price without detracting at all from its stunning beauty, playability, and tone. The price was right, I had the cash, and I pounced. I have never regretted it.

But the staining also kept me from treating this guitar like a case queen. It's out 24/7 and I play it literally every single day. Like me, it has a few blemishes, and like me, I hope it just makes it more lovable!
    Love it!! That's definitely a dream guitar of mine. What year is that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    Love it!! That's definitely a dream guitar of mine. What year is that?
    It has Culbertson's signature in it and the date of January 17, 2015.

Honestly, this guitar is as close to perfection as I could ever ask. At one point actually I replaced the wiring harness (not the pickups) and have loved the results. Maybe it had been modified earlier, I don't know, and don't care. The replaced wiring harness really brought this instrument into the heavenly sphere for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone

Blemishes, schmemishes. That L-5 is a treasure! So beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

User Info Menu

This is the guitar I play most. Rancourt 15" Modern Signature. It's the finest acoustic archtop I've ever played, and I've had high-end Gibsons, Andersens, Victor Baker, etc. I sold my other archtops after I got this. Smaller in size, but it sounds bigger than any 17" carved guitar I've had. Huge dynamic range, every note is balanced and it's easy to play. My first guitar with a sound port on the side...it's great!
    Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-b08fbe0c-125e-4ac7-bbc2-ff083a52f948_1_201_a-jpg

For electric stuff, it's my '64 ES-335

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-6f027834-6740-4254-8270-6955c477feeb_1_201_a-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilpy
    This is the guitar I play most. Rancourt 15" Modern Signature. It's the finest acoustic archtop I've ever played, and I've had high-end Gibsons, Andersens, Victor Baker, etc. I sold my other archtops after I got this. Smaller in size, but it sounds bigger than any 17" carved guitar I've had. Huge dynamic range, every note is balanced and it's easy to play. My first guitar with a sound port on the side...it's great!
    Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-b08fbe0c-125e-4ac7-bbc2-ff083a52f948_1_201_a-jpg

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-6f027834-6740-4254-8270-6955c477feeb_1_201_a-jpg
    I’ve heard a few recordings of Rancourts than really impressed me. I haven’t seen a larger body Rancourt, but I would like to hear one.

User Info Menu

My current favorite guitar to play is a Soloway Gosling 15” single... superb jazz tone with TI 11’s... easiest and most comfortable to play... love it!!

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-c371cc70-0f89-4882-9c71-bb6aa4f525c8-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rolijen
    Blemishes, schmemishes. That L-5 is a treasure! So beautiful. Thank you for sharing!
    I totally agree. I don't even see the blemishes and they seem to fade every time I spend time playing the guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilpy

Wow I wasn't familiar with Rancourt. That looks incredible!!!

User Info Menu

Lately it’s been this beast. Lets me know who’s boss.

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-6b1ebcad-a607-42ad-a305-9ca67ab3a1af-jpg

User Info Menu

Since folks are posting more that one, I don't feel so conflicted.

1949 L5-P and a G&L ASAT Special.
    Attached Images Attached Images Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-l5-1-jpg Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-sm_g4-jpg 

User Info Menu

I've only had this a couple of months but it's quickly moved to the top of the rotation. I went about a decade with an MIM Thinline (avatar) as my main guitar...at one point I got down to it being my only guitar. As I've accumulated more guitars, I ended up putting a humbucker-sized CC and heavy flats on that one.
    So this is a slightly more up-scale version of what that one used to be.
    It's one of the thin-skin models which should age nicely. Lightweight at 5.15 lb. Resonant.
    I swapped in compensated brass saddles since this picture from the dealer.
    I've really grown attached to it.

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-av69thinline-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Since folks are posting more that one, I don't feel so conflicted.

1949 L5-P and a G&L ASAT Special.
    I really like that ASAT. I got one of those recently, too. Just that the one above has taken most of my attention. The neck pickup on the ASAT is really something special. I need to spend some more time with it.

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-asat-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vernon
    My current favorite guitar to play is a Soloway Gosling 15” single... superb jazz tone with TI 11’s... easiest and most comfortable to play... love it!!

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-c371cc70-0f89-4882-9c71-bb6aa4f525c8-jpg
    Cool. That was very special guitar and a really cool piece of wood.

User Info Menu

I have to cheat and mention 3 that are getting the most play right now:

1. I’ll join the chorus of praise here for the ES 175 ‘59 Reissue VOS. Mine is a 2015 with MHS pickups. It sounds perfect, and I love the fat ‘50’s neck. I actually considered selling my L5CES for a bit after I bought this. I’m glad I kept both, but this is my workhorse jazz guitar.

2. This Hermanos Camps Primera Blanca flamenco guitar is the lightest, most resonant and responsive instrument I have ever played. This may actually be my very favorite guitar. I was lucky enough to get a great deal on it last year. I would recommend this model to anyone looking for a reasonably priced high quality flamenco. It is so much better than the comparably priced Cordoba, etc. This is the real deal.

3. My MIM Classic 50’s lacquer Telecaster. I swapped a set of Biltoft Vintage Vibe pickups into it. I can’t put it down.

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-abd93010-2df9-49ec-85be-c7fc7513a9cc-jpg

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-7cf3f503-ab52-444a-b403-24da5cb4d12e-jpg

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-14e47a7f-9ff4-45e1-869a-38fd7e3df384-jpg

I’m baffled as to why this site always wants to flip my pictures. And, I can’t seem to get rid of the inverted ones after I have fixed them.
    Attached Images Attached Images Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-aa7821a4-566d-4d74-90f3-0cdbfbc3d953-jpg Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-70a05448-3efd-4ea1-9190-798c708d7a46-jpg Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-99983f76-b398-431b-b97e-106890ad3e73-jpg 

User Info Menu

Wow there are some real beauties in this thread. Not sure my contribution will stand up with these, but it's my jewel. Has been spending way too much time in its case ever since I bought the archtop....
    Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-lp-2-jpgQuarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-lp-1-jpgQuarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-lp-3-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Lately it’s been this beast. Lets me know who’s boss.
    Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-6b1ebcad-a607-42ad-a305-9ca67ab3a1af-jpg
    I approve of this post. I've been playing this a lot:

User Info Menu

Mostly switch between these two:
    Abe Rivera Semi- Spalted maple
    Roger Borys “Jazz Solid”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KevinBClark
    Mostly switch between these two:
    Abe Rivera Semi- Spalted maple
    Roger Borys “Jazz Solid”

What a pair! I have always wanted a Borys

User Info Menu

My go-to guitar is my Painter P-350:

Quarantine Pastime - Post Your #1 Guitar-leif350-029-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    What a pair! I have always wanted a Borys
    Great builder, and nice guy! He built this Jazz Solid for me (had to twist his arm a little bit to do the green finish haha, but he ended up liking how it came out), and I also had an archtop nylon string he built which is a really great model, great sound and nice features in between a real classical and an archtop. And I briefly had a B120, also an amazing guitar. He’s real knowledgeable and easy to work with, and fair with pricing for what you get, if you were looking to have him build something for you