The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 30

User Info Menu

Talk about visually offputting, you can do it vintage style as well. Get your orders in folks, gonna be a big seller:

Access to this page has been denied.

Fender Parallel Universe II Jazz Strat-fender-parallel-universe-ii-jazz-strat-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think that looks nice.

User Info Menu

For some reason I think it's kinda cool.

User Info Menu

Can’t argue with the color.

If it was on a ‘56 BelAir, it’s good enough for me.

User Info Menu

I'm in the I like it camp as well!

User Info Menu

I like it and would like it more without the stripey pickguard, or the painted headstock. Not a painted headstock guy. There's also this, from Fender. Smurf and surf!

User Info Menu

Definately worth $2000.

User Info Menu

Count me in as another like. If it was Lake Placid Blue, I would be fighting GAS....

User Info Menu

There are things about it I absolutely love from an aesthetic standpoint, but the huge jazzmaster trem and bridge aren't doing it for me on this.

On the plus side, I love the pin striped pick guard. That's genius. Color is lovely, too.

User Info Menu

No, no, no and no.

User Info Menu

No, but with a yessy aftertaste.

User Info Menu

Two grande, yikes.

User Info Menu

I want one. I'm only $1973.48 short....

User Info Menu

What Lawson said. I like it but there are some other choices at the head of the line for me right now...mainly a 335 based humbucker guitar. Perhaps an Epi Sheraton II Pro in vintage SB. I'd really like a Gibson 335 in iced tea sunburst but I'm a bit short of money for either right now. Can't work my p/t job due to the pandemic and that's my "toy fund".

Maybe when I get back to work? But, yeah, I like the new Fender in the pic. Probably not enough to buy one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wengr
    Hmm.... somehow I have entered into an alternate universe where everything is the opposite.
    Not alternate. Parallel!

I like it...but would probably rather just get a Jazzmaster.

User Info Menu

I think Fender's newish Acoustsonic Teles and Strats are the ugliest by far--I get the concept, but jeez...such bad execution. Ugly in various colors.

I am unfazed by the Jazz Strat, but couldn't cope with tailpiece, or the colored headstock, or ugly fret markers that don't belong--OK, so maybe I'm fazed. No thanks.

And I'm a Tele and Strat guy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyserious
    I think Fender's newish Acoustsonic Teles and Strats are the ugliest by far--I get the concept, but jeez...such bad execution. Ugly in various colors.

I am unfazed by the Jazz Strat, but couldn't cope with tailpiece, or the colored headstock, or ugly fret markers that don't belong--OK, so maybe I'm fazed. No thanks.

And I'm a Tele and Strat guy.
    I won't offer an opinion on the Acoustasonic Tele's aesthetics, but I will say this... Every time I picked one up to give it a try, it both felt and sounded miserable.

I assumed the idea of a (slightly) acoustic body was to be able to play unplugged, perhaps for unwired quieter practice time. But I can't imagine having to torture myself listening to one of these. I'd much prefer playing my real, no-foolin' hard body ash Tele unplugged for practice (which I often do). Just my $0.02 on the "Acoustasonic"... sadly, while the idea was intriguing, I found the reality of it to be a swing-and-a-miss.

User Info Menu

Trying to be as objective as I can, I have always been disinterested in what Fender ends up offering. Some if it is one size-fits-all and other parts of it are stuff that we see here. Far out and fashionable, but also priced near boutique levels. Over the years I have been much more interested in the Fender-type kits of parts available from third party suppliers. I assembled my own interpretation of my favorite Fender models with the specs that I like. I guess that I have never been attached to the Fender logo on the headstock, and I have gotten a lot of satisfaction out of the hands on experience of the assembly process. It did take me a few tries to understand exactly what it takes to make a good partscaster, but that was part of the fun in doing it.

User Info Menu

Well if you want a great Tele, you don't go to Fender, do you?

OTOH my Fender Tele is a good guitar. I like it very much. But I did try literally every one in the shop until I found that one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Well if you want a great Tele, you don't go to Fender, do you?

OTOH my Fender Tele is a good guitar. I like it very much. But I did try literally every one in the shop until I found that one.
    There is that, of course. One time about 15 years ago or so, I was in a shop and picked up a Fender Strat. I never had an actual Fender Strat in my hands that felt as good as that one. There are always intangible factors with this stuff. That is for sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by morroben
    Not alternate. Parallel!

I like it...but would probably rather just get a Jazzmaster.
    Perhaps in the parallel universe men are still wearing leisure suits.

User Info Menu

I think they will lead a long lonely life on the warehouse racks, awaiting a date with that bulldozer dude.

User Info Menu

Yes. But I would reserve the right to tell everyone the block inlays look dumb on a Fender guitar.

User Info Menu

Block inlays are mandatory on a jazzmaster. Jazz bass, too. As such, that's one of the stronger elements of this guitar's looks.

I don't mind fender goofing around like this. They are obviously just for funsies. Should one or two stick, so much the better for them. Can't understand why people are so upset and sacrosanct about modular guitars that were designed to be stuck together as cheaply and easily as possible with the cheapest possible materials. Let them have some fun for once. There are plenty of sunburst strats and black guard teles out there already. These are the epitome of "if you don't like it, don't look at it".

User Info Menu

Looks fine to me. Then again, I'm not buying one. The body style doesn't sit well in my. hands and lap.