The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

So I have tested the sound this morning. Even with a flat Eq, the Jazz12 sounds thin and brittle.
    With a 12 bands Eq the phone output sounds close to a polytone, but the HP does not.
    Maybe I'll try to put foam in it and change the speaker for a C12K...

Maybe the Little Jazz sounds better than the Jazz 12 also.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That is not a NEO speaker based on a couple of observations.

One, the premise of using neodymium magnets in speakers is to significantly reduce the magnet size and weight required for a given response characteristic. So the size of the magnet on the pictured speaker is way larger than a NEO magnet. NEO magnets can be called tiny compared to the usuals. Even on a ten inch the magnet circumference will usually be less than the circumference of the speaker bail housing.

I have some old Delta Pro NEOs in 15 and 12 inches, great jazz speakers with a nice even mellow sound. The true original Jensen NEO (green, with a heat sink on the magnet) sounded to me like an ice pick.

BUT... can anyone explain how securing a poly cap from movement does anything other than protect the leads from moving? I.E. is there an electronic reason that securing answers or is it purely movement protection. I’ve seen that in the Alessandro amps as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cordalis
    . the price is almost the same of the DV (also made in China) .

DV Mark Little Jazz

Designed in Italy assembled made in Indonesia