The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Hello there!!

Anyone around here ever tried this iRig Acoustic Stage with an archtop guitar?

IK Multimedia - iRig Acoustic Stage

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by clebergf
    Hello there!!

Anyone around here ever tried this irig Acoustic Stage with an archtop guitar?

IK Multimedia - iRig Acoustic Stage
    Hmmm...$100...I just might take one for the team here and see what happens.

User Info Menu

I heard some good clips on YouTube, but I would like to hear from someone that is not sponsored by IK. xD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Hmmm...$100...I just might take one for the team here and see what happens.
    $70 on Musician's Friends
    IK Multimedia iRig Acoustic Stage Black 8025813700031 | eBay

User Info Menu

I have the first version of this, iRig Acoustic. I like(d) the mic but that version required an iDevice and was not very versatile. This one seems to fix most of those problems.

User Info Menu

Oh yeah! While the mic easily clipped onto the sound hole of my Martin Flat top my archtops, Washburn J600, ES 175, were to thick for the mic to clamp on. They worked but were just barely attached. Sorta wedged it into the f hole.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    Oh yeah! While the mic easily clipped onto the sound hole of my Martin Flat top my archtops, Washburn J600, ES 175, were to thick for the mic to clamp on. They worked but were just barely attached. Sorta wedged it into the f hole.
    Thanks! Good to know!

I'm thinking about waiting until the quarantine pass over to go to a store with the guitar to try one.

User Info Menu

The new version might have a different design for the mic clip but the picture looks the same.

User Info Menu

It fit in the f hole of my Godin 5th Avenue because the top is thin, but not on thicker (more normal) top plates. In the end, it's still a mic with the attendant propensity for feedback. I have no patience with that at my gigs, but your situation could be different. It would work okay for recording if it fits in the guitar.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chazmo
    It fit in the f hole of my Godin 5th Avenue because the top is thin, but not on thicker (more normal) top plates. In the end, it's still a mic with the attendant propensity for feedback. I have no patience with that at my gigs, but your situation could be different. It would work okay for recording if it fits in the guitar.
    I have a 5th Av. too and soon I'll get a L5 style from a Brazilian luthier so it'll be thicker.
    I would like to use to record and live presentations as well, but the problem is always the feedback.

Swing rhythm sounds much better acoustic but it's not easy to get.

User Info Menu

The iRig worked a lot better for me than the clip-on lavalier mics that are popular with many on this forum.

User Info Menu

Well, ordered one. It'll be delivered for a friend that lives in US and Brazil.
    Someday she will bring it to me here...