The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 60 of 60

User Info Menu

Alnico Speaker For Warm Clean Jazz?-ruby-spread-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Tone Tubby Humboldt alnico - hemp tone for low power amps. Only 25 watts but great for amps like a Champ, Princeton, Deluxe or Ampeg Rocket. Really nice speaker for home volumes, will break up some at gig volumes (but low power amps will be breaking up too).

(8", 10" and 12" on sale now on Reverb!)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Alnico Speaker For Warm Clean Jazz?-ruby-spread-jpg
    Very interesting. I did not know about this one. Does anyone know if these various celestion alnicos are still made in England, or China like the ceramic celestions?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wengr
    Very interesting. I did not know about this one. Does anyone know if these various celestion alnicos are still made in England, or China like the ceramic celestions?
    As far as I am aware, all the present day Alnicos are made in Ipswich, UK.

User Info Menu

there was a time when the celestion blues used in asain made vox amps were made in china

cheers

User Info Menu

Hi all,

I have a '69 Princeton (no reverb) and the Celestion Gold Alnico 10 was balanced and wonderful....

Then I acquired and tried a '65 Jensen C10N (organ pull I think) that had all that and then something else again!
    But that Gold 10 deserves another listen if I ever get around to changing speakers again.....it was impressive.

I also have a '69 Princeton Reverb with a 12" baffle that sounds great with a '63 Jensen C12Q at the volumes I play, but wouldn't hesitate to use a Celestion Gold 12 if I needed more headroom.

I'm playing single coil pickups....P-90's, Guild Franz, DeArmonds....that sort of thing.
    All good.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    there was a time when the celestion blues used in asain made vox amps were made in china

cheers
    Yes this is my understanding as well. It seems now that none of them say Made in England, so who knows?

User Info Menu

I've got a Celestion alnico Cream in my Princeton and it sounds really good to me.

User Info Menu

I have a Gold in my Princeton and it sounds great.

User Info Menu

I have a Gold in my ‘65 Princeton Reverb reissue and it I think sounds better than the Jensen in my old ‘67 Princeton Reverb. The gold is a great match for the voicing of this amp.