The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

People pay good money for an aesthetically pleasing "relic" finish. Don't sweat it, man. Make sure it wears in a pleasing way.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tele3
    Vintage released in 2012 was all nitro but it was badly applied and the pic above must be one of them. .

It was a 2006 model at GC. I remember because the thinner neck profile gave me pause. Yes, they were revised for the 2012 Pure Vintage edition.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patshep
    my '52 reissue had a crack at the neck joint, last time i had to take the neck off, a chunk came off the size of a quarter
    i hate that you can't get to the truss rod without taking off the neck, i think it's soooooo stupid
    If it didn't have the truss rod adjuster where it is it wouldn't be a 52 re-issue.

User Info Menu

I have an Ibanez Artcore with finish cracks. I wonder if it will end up chipping off as well...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by patshep
    my '52 reissue had a crack at the neck joint, last time i had to take the neck off, a chunk came off the size of a quarter
    i hate that you can't get to the truss rod without taking off the neck, i think it's soooooo stupid
    StewMac has a Tele Truss Rod Crank for $8.26 plus shipping. Just need to remove the pick guard. Every vintage-style Tele owner should have one in the case.

If you kept the quarter size chip it can be glued back.

Truss Rod Crank for Tele | stewmac.com