Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

Strange coincidence with GC and me recently. About 3 weeks ago I saw that they had a used HE ES-165 floater for sale for $1800. Condition said “Great” and I felt like taking the chance. It took a week to arrive and I went and picked it up two weeks ago on a Friday night after work. Things were already starting to shut down across SF and I just wanted to get it in my hands ASAP. Nearly mint condition and great sounding so I am pleased. This was the only time I ever bought a used guitar from GC, and to my surprise it went smoothly. The only downside is that I wanted them to buy a guitar from me that I want to sell. I am thinking that I missed the window on that for quite a while. In retrospect I should have gone home first to pick up the guitar that I want to sell before I picked up the ES-165, but it was getting late and, like I said, businesses were already starting to shut down due to the Coronavirus. I would have cried big time if the ES-165 ended up stranded at GC until this epidemic passes.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lammie200
    Strange coincidence with GC and me recently. About 3 weeks ago I saw that they had a used HE ES-165 floater for sale for $1800. Condition said “Great” and I felt like taking the chance. It took a week to arrive and I went and picked it up two weeks ago on a Friday night after work. Things were already starting to shut down across SF and I just wanted to get it in my hands ASAP. Nearly mint condition and great sounding so I am pleased. This was the only time I ever bought a used guitar from GC, and to my surprise it went smoothly. The only downside is that I wanted them to buy a guitar from me that I want to sell. I am thinking that I missed the window on that for quite a while. In retrospect I should have gone home first to pick up the guitar that I want to sell before I picked up the ES-165, but it was getting late and, like I said, businesses were already starting to shut down due to the Coronavirus. I would have cried big time if the ES-165 ended up stranded at GC until this epidemic passes.
    Nice find, Lammie! Enjoy that sweet 165. I miss mine.

Stay safe and healthy, all.

Roli

User Info Menu

I own and play each.
    Anti-social distancing according to my wife.
    She considers any of these acceptable compared to my singing.