The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Someone local has one of these for sale for $40 and says it works. Normally Rolands are pretty good amps and this seems like pretty cheap to pass up even if to leave in another room so I don't have to haul an amp. GIve me some advice or is this just junk.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Someone local has one of these for sale for $40 and says it works. Normally Rolands are pretty good amps and this seems like pretty cheap to pass up even if to leave in another room so I don't have to haul an amp. GIve me some advice or is this just junk.
    The 40XL is a useful amp. Not my favorite, but I've gigged with it and it was fine. Backyard party played by an octet, horns not mic'ed.

This is half the watts, but that's more than half the volume.

Lots of effects, some of which might not be particularly useful to the jazz player.

But, probably well built, okay amp at low volume for $40. At 20lbs, it's no longer the lightest thing about there for the power.

Sounds worth it if you have some need it will fill.

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong for 40$. I've also gigged with the 40xl, the 20 is decent for home playing, lessons, etc.

User Info Menu

It's a toy.Save $40.

User Info Menu

I’ve had the 80 for many years and its amazing. But it has a 12” speaker. I cant speak for the 20 with its 8” speaker. If it’s in good shape, I’d grab it. If not your cup o’ tea, gift it to a young player.

Roli
    Last edited by rolijen; 02-26-2020 at 07:49 AM.

User Info Menu

So did you buy it?

I really like the Roland Cube series. I played a Cube 60 for a while.
    I've had a Microcube RX (with four 4" speakers) for a long time now.
    It's great. I remember taking it to a jam a long time ago.
    Surprisingly, it kept up fine with a fairly quiet drummer on batteries !!!

I did not frankly don’t need it and I guess save $40.