The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well it's new to me, I bought this beauty yesterday and I'm totally lovin' it! It's a copy of a Gibson ES-175 but it's quite different! I love Made in Japan guitars! I'm gonna take this one to my tech, not because it has to be fixed, as it plays fine just the way it is, but I think the action could be lowered a very small amount and I'll have him check the neck as well! Anyone know the specific year this one was made? I'm thinking it's a 1968, the big difference on this one is the tail piece. It has wood on it and it looks like there used to be some letters on the wooden part, anyone know? Also, the tuners are not chrome like other Ventura V1300's I've seen. Excuse the order of the pics, that wouldn't place correctly for me. Any help or comments would be appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images New Ventura V1300 Jazz Guitar- ES-175 Copy-ventura-2-jpg New Ventura V1300 Jazz Guitar- ES-175 Copy-ventura-3-jpg New Ventura V1300 Jazz Guitar- ES-175 Copy-ventura-1-jpg New Ventura V1300 Jazz Guitar- ES-175 Copy-ventura-4-jpg New Ventura V1300 Jazz Guitar- ES-175 Copy-ventura-5-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cool find. I had a double cutaway Kessel version. Fun guitar, the pickups were pretty good. Similar tailpiece.

User Info Menu

Nice looking guitar. Looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm really happy with it as the guy I bought it from hasn't played it since the 1970's and the frets have no wear on them at all! I took it to my tech yesterday to have the intonation set, new nut and truss rod adjustment. As far as the pickups go, they sound great!! I don't think I'll gig with it but you never know. It sounds way better than my Aria Diamond, that's for sure!! My gigging axe is an Ibanez FG-100, also MIJ! Here's a pic of my Aria, as many of you know the pups in the Aria are a bit cheesy but not in the Ventura! I remember back in the 60's and 70's if you played a MIJ guitar it ranked pretty low on the status pole, not anymore! At least not or me!
    Attached Images Attached Images New Ventura V1300 Jazz Guitar- ES-175 Copy-img_1553-jpg New Ventura V1300 Jazz Guitar- ES-175 Copy-img_1552-jpg 

User Info Menu

Dig the Aria! Pups might not be optimum for jazz, but to my mind that axe screams "psychobilly/blues".

User Info Menu

Can't say exactly what year, but everything about it screams mid/late 60s MIJ. 1968 sounds like a good guess! Congrats and enjoy. I have a 1968 Greco Barney Kessel and it has a lot of the same vibe and same looking parts.