The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Wondering who might be making guitars with the dimensions of the old Gibson 350T - preferably with the shorter scale length. I saw lage is playing that new Westville, but I’m trying to keep prices lower... suggestions?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Not short scale, but there's the 1980s Epiphone (Matsumoku) Emperor "T" - 17'' thinline, I think they have a centre block.
    Cool guitars, haven't tried one myself yet.

User Info Menu

Eventually you can go with PRS 24.5" .... Tiny bit shorter then Gibson 24.75.
    But I think Fender with 24" is just too small.

User Info Menu

Peerless wizard or epi zephyr blues. Might be more like standard thinline 1.75"...

You could also contact Yunzhi/Wu Yolanda team to build a custom.
    Last edited by arielcee; 02-13-2020 at 06:25 AM.

User Info Menu

Tom Painter made them on request (he made one for me), but he's out of business and only made few guitars when he was active as a builder so it's not likely you'll come across one. Steve Holst could be another builder who could make such a guitar.

User Info Menu

Not to be captain obvious, but you just described a byrdland. Maybe not the short scale you had in mind, but it's plenty short.

Not that any iteration of it is especially common or affordable

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feet
    Not to be captain obvious, but you just described a byrdland. Maybe not the short scale you had in mind, but it's plenty short.

Not that any iteration of it is especially common or affordable
    I'm very happy with my Epiphone Byrdland Elitist, and they're way more reasonable than the Gibson branded equivalent.

User Info Menu

By "shorter scale," are you referring to the original 23.5" scale?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    By "shorter scale," are you referring to the original 23.5" scale?
    i am, yes. And to the body width comments, I’ve played a 1.75 and it does not have the same sound or feel as a 2.25. Key difference!

I should also note that I’m only interested in the one or two HUMBUCKERS. No P-90s

Basically I'm wondering if there's anything out there that's recreating the byrdland but with humbuckers, a wider nut (those necks are so thin) and a price tag under two grand - any help is appreciated.

User Info Menu