The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

So what's the difference between an AR803-15 and a T145? I know the T145 has a thinner body, is that the only functional difference? I think they're both carved spruce tops(?)

Another 15" Eastman question...-ar803-15-jpg
    Another 15" Eastman question...-t145-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don't know about the 803. The T145 has a carved spruce top and is 1.75" deep at the rims, and 1.75" at the nut. It's loud acoustically, but because it's so thin there isn't much bass. I play mine acoustically now and then, but it's not the ideal acoustic because of the depth. But that does make it more attractive to me for amplified playing because it's so comfortable. Again, though, I've never seen an AR803 up close.

User Info Menu

That 803 looks gorgeous. I have a 503, which is wonderful. I think the 803 is the upgrade to that.

Sorry I can't answer your question.

Ah, it looks like the T145 has 2 more frets, pushing the pickup back a little bit.

User Info Menu

Different size pickguard. It really can make a huge difference in tone.

User Info Menu

I think that's an optical illusion. My T145 has a very small pickguard, or did before I removed it. Pickguards on archtops are worthless to me. I can't hear any difference in tone with or without it acoustically, and certainly not when amplified.

I wish Eastman made a 15" carved top like the 803-15 but with a floater.