The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    On mine the plug fits correctly and snugly into the aux socket, but the whole aux socket seems to have a sort of flexible movement to it, compared to the surface it is embedded in, as it were. It almost feels as if it is in some kind of rubber surround or something. The socket seems to be ‘under’ the top panel, not fixed into it like the guitar input. Maybe this is more of a design feature than anything, it all works ok. You can possibly see what I mean here, the aux socket seems to be ‘underneath’ the top panel surface.

The headphone socket on the rear panel is the same, by the way.

Attachment 69183
    That's interesting. I wonder if they realized the aux input was fragile and at some point changed how it works? IN the micro50 head, the input is simply soldered to the board and aligned with the opening on the front panel, but without any kind of stabilization. I think with mine some stress on the cable (which I don't remember happening) might have pulled the soldered unit loose a bit from the board (?) or maybe it was never solid to start with. Like the OP I actually don't plan on using DVMark any more. I love the amp, but that aux input is important to me and I can't have it being fragile.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here is the thread dealing with my DV Mark aux input problem, with photos and a clip showing the problem.

User Info Menu

New test.

Here's what my LJ does.

When I run a line (usual 1/8" stereo, 3 conductor cable) from my laptop's headphone output to Aux, it works perfectly. No hum whether or not it's playing anything back.

When I take the plug out of the laptop and plug it into my Samsung phone (not the same model as before, but with the same symptom, so it's not the individual unit) it hums. The hum stops when I start playback of a song file. The hum resumes when playback stops.

So, it's something about what the phone does when it's not playing something back. Saving power? But, I'm not in Power Saving mode on the phone.

So, it would seem that the LJ is not the problem.

BUT, when I plug the phone into my old home stereo, there's no hum, whether or not the phone is playing back.

So, it seems like there's something about an interaction between the phone and the LJ.