The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 54 of 54

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zina
    Can you post a photo of it, please? I only learned of their existence a few days ago, and really like those guitars. They never made a non-cutaway, did they?
    if you ask me, the Jacobacci made all kinds of guitars, their father made banjos, as Roger says in the video

you can find many photos by searching the dedicated site, because at one time they were considered the best in France for electric guitars of jazz, rock, etc. before Vigier and the new generation of luthier. They even responded to the most outlandish requests for body shapes and colours. They had a lot of fun, but they did

Repairing a head break on a Jacobacci Studio 3

mine today

si elle vous plaît, Zina, et la 7 cordes Legoubé aussi, je peux vous les offrir, il vaut mieux qu'elles soient entre bonnes mains

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I only saw this just now, Patlotch. That's incredibly generous of you - whether you mean it in the traditional or in the American way of 'offer for sale'. I'll have to decline in either case though, because no budget; and, more important: what if you regret it later? You may not play it now, but who knows if you won't be in another frame of mind a year from now, only to realise that you let an Internet stranger have a guitar you've had forever; perhaps even a collector's item? Or imagine we get into a tiff over headstocks or thumbs over necks or the best jazz solo instrument... and you want me to return your guitar stante pede! Which I would, but there too, my budget would take a thermo-nuclear hit, as I'll still be in school with only a part-time cleaning job; do you see what I mean? But again, however you meant it, it's very generous of you, and I'm touched.

User Info Menu

A false implicit assumption is running throughout most of the posts here. It's as if number of posts one has in the gear section vs in playing sections is a reflection on their focus on gear vs their musical development.

If a musician is spending more time in the gear section that only means that they prefer killing their time during the 'non-musical' part of their day by talking about gear rather than engaging in philosophical, intellectual discussions about harmony. Both of the activities are completely useless for one's practical musical development or even one's quest to finding the right gear for themselves.

We read threads and post messages in both types of areas because it's fun. Not because we are delusional in thinking that we are becoming better musicians than those musicians who don't hang out in the forum.
    Last edited by Tal_175; 02-18-2020 at 10:33 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tal_175
    A false implicit assumption that's running throughout most of the posts here is that number of posts one has in the gear section vs in playing sections is a reflection on their focus on gear vs their musical development.

If a musician is spending more time in the gear section that only means that they prefer killing their time during the 'non-musical' part of their day by talking about gear rather than engaging in philosophical, intellectual discussions about harmony. Both of the activities are completely useless for one's practical musical development or even one's quest to finding the right gear for themselves.

We read threads and post messages in both types of areas because it's fun. Not because we are delusional in thinking that we are becoming better musicians than those musicians who don't hang out in the forum.
    In my case it is because I do play a lot but I have limited abilities and don't gig anymore. Practicing and learning stuff is really all about playing tunes. I don't really care much for the scales to use, or modes, or evening developing some other techniques. For me playing bebob through the changes takes all I can muster and gear is fun. Getting a new guitar or playing a different one I like tends to keep me playing more. Musical development for me is simply playing things I like to hear and others.