Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 39

User Info Menu

You can't argue with Einstein!

Optimal number of guitars?-borys_guitars_friends_133-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Actually I've found if I don't play a guitar I own for a long time,I usually sell it for something else that I can use. And the other one is having,duplicate instruments becomes a problem for me. They always compete for my attention, unlike women do for me at my age,lol!

User Info Menu

The real challenge is in deciding WHICH guitar becomes the extra ONE... too many choices!

User Info Menu

Optimal number of guitars?-need-new-guitar-jpg

User Info Menu

No desrespect to Einstein, but that +1 is a bit problematic.. tends to fall a bit short sometimes, can possibly be substituted with a +2 or +3 to give some momentum to the equation..

User Info Menu

Something more scientific.

The minimum number of guitars one should own is at least one. The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of guitars currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number guitars owned that would result in separation from your partner.

User Info Menu

You should always have twice as many as your wife thinks you have.

User Info Menu

Basically true, but my wife thinks I have a dozen when I actually play just two or three (granted, there are a lot of others hanging around). I need to buy another couple to even come near her estimate!

User Info Menu

My kids have proven to be very careful and respectful around my guitars, so I've started leaving a few out and about more often. Seems like 3 is the magic number. My tele, my 575, and an acoustic of some sort. I probably also "need" a nylon string, but maybe I really could get by with 4 guitars only?

Shudder to think.

User Info Menu

I've managed to whittle down the herd from 11 to 6.
    2 archtops, 2 flat tops, a tele & a strat, all great guitars.
    I could easily get rid of the tele & the strat, but what's the fun in that?

OTOH, I know a guy who has never sold a guitar or amp.
    His guitar count is around 63, and his amp count is also quite high.
    He says it's a disease. I tell him he should open up store.

I'm not sure what the exact optimal number of guitars is, but IMO it is somewhere between 1 & 63.

User Info Menu

Hadn’t taken the GB10se out of its case since the 175 came home 2 years ago. Traded it in for the ToneMaster Twin.

x(G - 1) = y(A + 1)

keeps the balance. Musical joy renewed.

User Info Menu

Vintage parallel braced archtop 17”
    Vintage X braced archtop, 17”
    Both of those in 16”
    Vintage 18” archtop
    All of those in a cut away....

That covers the vintage Archtops, next contemporary modern interpretations, now onto electric Archtops, then solid bodies then flattops..........

who knows where it ends.

User Info Menu

The correct answer as many as you want! But one WIFE!

User Info Menu

I do own quite a few but I have a good excuse: I have made more money playing them than I spent purchasing them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    The correct answer as many as you want! But one WIFE!
    just wondering, would taking on additional wives increase the number of guitars you are allowed?

User Info Menu

You need 300 condoms, who cares about guitars? XD

User Info Menu

Theoretically, Einstein is correct. However, experimental evidence from many trials suggests that the value of f is some higher number, undetermined at present, and perhaps not quantifiable. It may depend on whether dark matter actually exists. My experiments continue apace. I believe that I'm not the sole experimenter.

User Info Menu

I need a Telecaster, I want an electric with a cutaway that sounds and plays like my Harmony. A couple more Strats, a Les Paul or two and maybe a Flying V would be nice also. And a 12 string.

User Info Menu

Fewer than the number of extant female stereotypes and tasteless joke attempts combined, more than the average IQ of those who spout them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zina
    Fewer than the number of extant female stereotypes and tasteless joke attempts combined, more than the average IQ of those who spout them.
    Your higher limit is lower than your lower limit, it won't work !

To answer OP's question (was it a question indeed ?) : the number of guitars you play minus one (to keep you on the hunt)

User Info Menu

I have IQ above 135.
    And by observing people in my life, I came to a very simple conclusion.
    Stupid people are way way way more happier then super smart people.
    So I don't mind lower IQ. XD
    I don't mind it at all. XD

You know how people say; " Stupid people are always more happier! ".
    It's funny cause it's true.

User Info Menu

Interesting the equation does not help me. As celibate I don’t have any arguments but funds always an issue. If you have so many you don’t have time to play them regularly then it is a problem.

Sometimes I wonder if selling one just get another is a way to stay interested in playing. A guitar acquisition does wonders for my chops. But it never ends just lately I have been looking for a lower model Dangelico either Style A or B.

User Info Menu

My country really respects thiefs and idiots.
    And those types of people make it in my country.
    So I would love to have 1/3 of IQ which I have now. XD
    I would be super happy to have it. xD

" If you are smart - you will make it in life. " - this is probably the biggest lie which I have heard in life. xD
    Probably bigger then freakin Santa Claus and Christmas stuff. xD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mecena
    ...this is probably the biggest lie which I have heard in life. xD
    Probably bigger than freakin Santa Claus and Christmas stuff. xD
    Santa Claus is a lie?

User Info Menu

Yap.
    Tooth Fairy also.
    Krampus also.