Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Here's my Epiphone, it's my first electric archtop. I bought it and a Katana 50 and they sound decent so far. I put a set of Thomastik Jazz Swing 13's on it.
    NGD, Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II-20200201_074920-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That guitar and amp will do you well for a long time. Solid choices.

User Info Menu

Enjoy such a wonderful and awesome axe.

User Info Menu

Excellent. You'll have nothing to worry about in that department for a decade at least.

User Info Menu

Congrats and enjoy!

User Info Menu

It plays great and has good tone through the Katana. I'll try it through my Blue Deville next.

User Info Menu

I got a lot of mileage out of mine.

I have heard anecdotally that the quality of the recent models is very good indeed. Mine was a 90’s-era Samick-made, which was also excellent.

I did change out the pickups to Stew Mac Parsons Street Alnico 2’s. My advice would be to play it awhile before making any changes like pickups. I like the Epi 57 pickups on my Peerless very well.

User Info Menu

The JPEII is something of a classic in its own right. Congratulations, and play it in good health!

User Info Menu

The Epi looks very clean from here, big congrats! Each time one comes along on the local CL I am tempted to check it out. And I like the Tree of Life as well.

User Info Menu

It has a 17" body and is 2 7/8" deep. It now wears a set of Thomastik 13's flatwounds. I've noticed a tiny buzz when I play unplugged on the lower strings below the 5th fret. I'm going to adjust the neck a little and lower the strings and see what happens. It plays as well as $1500 guitars.

User Info Menu

These guitars punch way above their weight in the price-per-performance category. As someone else noted, every time I see one on Craigslist I am tempted even though I don't remotely need another guitar. Ditto the amp. Congratulations, you should be set for years with that rascal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by takefive
    It has a 17" body and is 2 7/8" deep. It now wears a set of Thomastik 13's flatwounds. I've noticed a tiny buzz when I play unplugged on the lower strings below the 5th fret. I'm going to adjust the neck a little and lower the strings and see what happens. It plays as well as $1500 guitars.
    Very nice!
    So they are in fact 17"? I thought 16"...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arielcee
    Very nice!
    So they are in fact 17"? I thought 16"...
    Yes, it is 16"

User Info Menu

Katana 50, isn't that a modeling amp? What settings do you like on it? I've been "courting" one at my local guitar store lol.