The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 29

User Info Menu

The more I use their Luna amp and NY8 cabs the more I like how my sound is right where I want it. Great gear!
    Raezer's Edge

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Three full sets . . . only the strong survive!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sherry
    Three full sets . . . only the strong survive!
    . With a little help from my friends. The cats were killing it and not even breaking a sweat.

User Info Menu

Now this is guitar jazz at its best!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Now this is guitar jazz at its best!
    thank you for listening and such kind comments. It was a really rewarding evening of playing for me and hope to do many more.

User Info Menu

I"m listening now to the show now. What is the first song? I like those chords at around 1:58 mark and again around 2:32. Great playing!

User Info Menu

Mark,

Maybe missed it, but let it be known when you are playing in NYC.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by callouscallus
    I"m listening now to the show now. What is the first song? I like those chords at around 1:58 mark and again around 2:32. Great playing!
    thanks! Those chords are on the inner four strings with a major triad over a b9 in the root. So something like x7888x and sliding it around chromatically. Jim Hall did this often.
    Last edited by Mark Kleinhaut; 02-01-2020 at 08:15 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bako
    Mark,

Maybe missed it, but let it be known when you are playing in NYC.
    I guess I didn’t think to post here about it, but I was all over Facebook with it. Please Facebook friend me if you’ve not already. Thanks !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    thanks! Those chords are on the inner four strings with a major triad over a b9 in the root. So something like x7888x and sliding it around chromatically. Jim Hall did this often.
    I corrected a typo in my original reply. Also, some folks motte this as E/F but personally I don’t care for that approach.

User Info Menu

Demo of some Raezers Edge amplification. Rich tone, crystal clear, absolutely inaudible noise floor. 200 watts of class D headroom.

User Info Menu

I'm spellbound by your music and playing. It would probably make any amp/cab combination sound good, but this one should please the tone perfectionists among us. Also, a lesson to all amp reviewers: less rapid-fire runs, more lingering notes and chords, please!

User Info Menu

So amazing and beautiful in every way ! Thank you very much for creating and posting this.

"Rich tone" is putting it far, far beyond mildly!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    I'm spellbound by your music and playing. It would probably make any amp/cab combination sound good, but this one should please the tone perfectionists among us. Also, a lesson to all amp reviewers: less rapid-fire runs, more lingering notes and chords, please!
    thanks for that if I could spellbind my way to some fortune I could spend all day doing this

User Info Menu

You are my gold standard, Mark Kleinhaut!

User Info Menu

Beautiful tone and demo!!!! - I bet Raezers Edge are besides themselves thrilled you did this!!! what a dynamic and varied explore of the amp . I saw another demo and was less than impressed this one has me believin!.

User Info Menu

Really sounds a lot like Mark Kleinhaut. I really wish you would stop posting this stuff, though. My GAS is bad enough without it. And I already have more amps than I can use.

User Info Menu

Mark, In my opinion, your tone on your earlier videos was to die for i.e. you have always had great tone with this Halfling This doesn't sound that much better to my ears. With that said, how it sounds and feels to your ears in the room is the most important thing. I'm listening to this via a Youtube video and while I have a very good playback system I'm still dealing with the quality of the Youtube video. It sounds great but you always sounded great.

User Info Menu

Hi Rob, for recording, this amp rig might not be better or even materially different than the sound I get on videos from my normal “home” rig, but translating to the volume of a bandstand I can tell you the Raezers performs in a way my little low powered home rig couldn’t begin to touch. Unless an amp makes hiss and hum, almost any amp can sound great in a low volume home setting.

User Info Menu

Mark, I agree and its why I would not buy an new amp/speaker combo based strictly on a YouTube video. I either I have to ideally hear with my own ears or from the advice of seasoned gigging musicians such as yourself.

User Info Menu

I follow that approach too, mostly. With boutique gear you almost always have to rely on the recommendations of other players. That’s kind of why I’m posting this

User Info Menu

Mark, is this the same rig you used when you played at Fat Cat in NYC? That was a really good sound, nice and fat. This seems a bit brighter cleaner than the live sound, but I imagine that's mostly a function of volume.

John

It sounds great! Thanks.

I would like to hear a A/B test between Raezer's Edge and Acoustic Image Clarus.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by carlescountry
    It sounds great! Thanks.

I would like to hear a A/B test between Raezer's Edge and Acoustic Image Clarus.
    ask and......

User Info Menu

Interesting and thank you, Mark. I ran across this on YouTube yesterday, as it happens.

I have a clear favorite of those three- the AI as the notes sound more "solid" somehow. Next was the RE and last the Quilter. Is that because I have a Clarus 2r (Series II I think, all white buttons and IIRC the Series III had some red buttons) of my own and am used to the sound? Although that is with solo guitar as presented; with a band, most if not all of the differences would probably be inaudible.

And I have an RE 12" cab and a Redstone 8"; I like the former much better and assumed that was due to the 12" rather than 8" driver. But your RE 8" sounds great and very similar to the RE 12", so perhaps it is ported vs. non-ported that makes the difference.