The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34

User Info Menu

It's a bass amp power amp. They have one rating power at 4 ohms, another power rating at 8 ohms. Very common for bass amps.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Apparently this album was recorded using a Gibson 175 and a DV Mark Little Jazz (Riccardo mentioned it on Facebook).

User Info Menu

Random YT reccommendation clip. xD

User Info Menu

daaaamn! I finally got mine
    It’s the “black edition DV Mark Jazz 12” Hoping for a DV Mark Little Jazz MkII
    It sounds fantastic! I use it for an “acoustic archtop” kind of sound and it works great! And I honestly like the reverb also, which I set around 3-4. That’s way enough for me. Volume around 5-6... and I turn the volume on my guitar back to around 6-7. On 10, it would be a bit to bright.
    I had a tube amp before... of course I love the tube sound. But this here is the best option for playing at home Hoping for a DV Mark Little Jazz MkII
    Nothing better right now for me Hoping for a DV Mark Little Jazz MkII

User Info Menu

I read or heard somewhere in a review that the AUX on the LJ is not 'full spectrum'. I don't know what they mean with that, but is the AUX good enough to use a backing track and sound reasonable?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeontheguitar
    I read or heard somewhere in a review that the AUX on the LJ is not 'full spectrum'. I don't know what they mean with that, but is the AUX good enough to use a backing track and sound reasonable?
    Hello Joe,
    I’m not a professional Amp god... but with “not full range” they probably mean, that the AUX can just be used via the “built in” 12” Speaker of the Amp. This speaker is not a full range speaker like a 3 way audio system for example. So backing tracks on this amp will not sound like trough an HiFi audio system... I guess this is what they mean with “not full range...AUX”

I can confirm, that the quality is absolutely good enough for me. I love this amp now. Who knows how long I will use it... usually I love to change my equipment / or just try new gear.
    But for now, I’m really satisfied with the Jazz 12”

Maybe one more thing... this amp has just a simple AUX connection... so you have to use the settings of your other device to set volume for example. I use it with my iPhone and with the App “Garage Band”, just because I record my own backing tracks.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joeontheguitar
    Yes, I tried it on mine and I thought it sounded pretty good actually. Just be careful if you use a phone though - I have my phone on max level (at my wife’s request so I hear her texts coming through!), so when I plugged it in the AUX and played some music, it blew my head off! (my head was right in front of the speaker).

The amp volume control has no effect on the AUX level, you must control that on the relevant source device.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Yes, I tried it on mine and I thought it sounded pretty good actually. Just be careful if you use a phone though - I have my phone on max level (at my wife’s request so I hear her texts coming through!), so when I plugged it in the AUX and played some music, it blew my head off! (my head was right in front of the speaker).

The amp volume control has no effect on the AUX level, you must control that on the relevant source device.
    Thanks! Yes, that's the same thing with my Cube 30. Found that out the hard way (pun intended) too...

User Info Menu

Beautiful playing and great sound. Can you share your settings on the DV Mark 12 amp?