The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 28

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Saw that. Love everything about that idea.

User Info Menu

Interesting. I like the idea of pedal board amps. However, unless the wood side can come off, this might not be so easy to mount to a pedal board.
    But maybe the Henriksen demographic is not into pedal boards enough for that to be an issue?

User Info Menu

Yeah, my guess it's for guys who have a speaker cab they like.

Henriksen made a head years ago, called the "convertible." It's my gigging amp, along with an 8" Redstone speaker cab.

Neither are made anymore, scares me a little if one ever dies on me...

User Info Menu

My guess is that is would be fantastic with my passive Buscarino Chameleon cab.

User Info Menu

Strangely enough, I have a Henriksen Convertible with a Buscarino Chameleon cab. Using a Lehle pedal, I've got a stereo setup with two Buscarino cabs, actually: The Convertible head and the Quilter Reverb head. I haven't played it in a while. It's absolutely fantastic, though! I got rid of a lot of guitars and some amps, but I definitely kept that. It's a very unique stereo setup. I couldn't tell you why, but the Buscarino cabs are GREAT! My friend Mike was selling a bunch of gear, and I was angling for his Buscarino classical nylon guitar Nope. He's keeping that for life. The cabs though, he did sell.

User Info Menu

This might also be an interesting option for acoustic players and going to the front of house, and head phone practice. Could be neat. Interesting sort of alternative to the grace Felix.

User Info Menu

This is a good idea. It will give the AI Clarus some real competition. $200 less and a pound lighter (though with fewer options and a bit less power).

I had a two channel Henriksen head (Bought from the OP and sold to another forum member). It was a decent head, but no match for my Clarus. This new Henriksen head is light years ahead (no pun intended!) of the old one.

Bravo Henriksen! (I love my Blu)

User Info Menu

This is what many performing artists have been dreaming about. It's essentially a two-channel PA amp. Perfect for a singer/guitarist/accordionist/harmonica player duo (or solo) act. Extremely versatile. Choose a guitar cab for electric-only, extended/FR for the rest, or leave cab at home if you can plug the amp into the venue's systems. It's the quantity of inputs and outputs that add cost, not the microchips. Yet, I hope Henriksen prices this reasonably, within the reach of a working musician. If not, a Far East maker such as HotOne will be quick to copy the concept.

User Info Menu

I'm very interested in this for a lot of reasons. This would be a great platform for my Helix along with a cab, or just into my interface and monitors.

User Info Menu

What would be REALLY cool is if you could assign a particular channel to a particular speaker out. Like a single switch to select between separate or combined. But I guess that would take a bit more engineering. OR maybe even better, to select which channel(s) goes to the line out. I'm probably asking way to much and don't know what I'm talking about.

User Info Menu

Woody, you're describing a "stereo" rig, which would be pretty cool!
    You can find Walter Woods stereo amps like that, but they're fairly pricey.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Woody, you're describing a "stereo" rig, which would be pretty cool!
    You can find Walter Woods stereo amps like that, but they're fairly pricey.
    Yeah, I should mention that I use a Pearce that is mono or stereo in m y home studio. It *looks* complicated, but once you learn it it's very logical and versatile. For example, I can send Ch1 to a growly guitar cab, and channel 2 to a FRFR speaker for an electric acoustic guitar.

Henriksen Bud Head-pearce-front1-jpg
    Henriksen Bud Head-pearce-front2-jpg
    Henriksen Bud Head-pearce-back2-jpg
    Henriksen Bud Head-pearce-back1-jpg

User Info Menu

The price is already up on the website, 900$

User Info Menu

Well the Bud 10 which is basically the same as the head only with a cab and 10" speaker is $1399.00. Frankly, I find it a bit off putting when the vendor or representative of a product comments on the pricing of another vendor.

joelf Guest
    Will their prices ever come down? The Blu would be perfect for me---but I'd have to sell my blood for months to afford one.

Or go 'used'---the amp, not the blood...

User Info Menu

I can't imagine their prices coming down. It's a small US based company facing American costs. It's a tough country to run a small manufacturing company.

User Info Menu

Recently I have been considering a Bud or Blu 10" (I love my 6" Blu), BUT then I saw there's a Bud head and as I have a couple different Raezers Edge cabinets, I thought that could be a cool option for me.

Anybody here try the Bud head yet with RE cabs?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

I had one of the earlier Henriksen heads (bought it from a forum member and later sold it to a different forum member), a 2 channel version. I used it with all three of my RE Cabinets on many gigs. It was a great combination, so I would guess the Bud head would be fine with your RE Cabinets.

User Info Menu

Try the Forte head!

[on sale through Friday!]

User Info Menu

I can't speak to the Bud Head. I do own a Forte head, and I'm very pleased with the tone. I had considered the Bud head but due to the way I intended to use it i.e. as a stand alone and with my Kemper, I opted for the Forte. I have not been disappointed.

I will mention I did have a problem with my head but Henriksen's warranty is first rate. They shipped me out a new unit within a day of me contacting them and I sent the defective head back at their cost. I don't fault Henriksen for the problem. Sometimes stuff happens with electronic gear especially in the early days of owning a product so how a company stands by their product is important to me. I can't complain about the service. Buy in confidence. The 15% sale ends today.

User Info Menu

So its been a few years since this came out. How popular is this configuration against its available peers?
    Since then the Bud6 & Bud10 also seems to be going from strength to strength

Have any out there chosen the Head path? I'm torn at the moment between the Head or the 6 for a few reasons:
    1/ The head is kinda big. The stage footprint of the head is pretty much the same as the Bud6. I think there is only 2 inches depth difference. That said it is comparable to others on the market. Not many of these really go on a pedal boards unless they are pretty big boards. It is 2 channels mind you.
    2/ The Bud6 has a Speaker out, and you can defeat the internal speakers by plugging a jack into the headphone out. So if you really wanted to use just an external cab you can.
    3/ The head is a lot cheaper where I live. (~35%). Does the speaker/tweeter/ported cab justify that over a 6.5" 10" or even 12" lightweight cab?
    4/ I like the idea of having Amp controls at the base of your music stand, for EQ management and the speaker wherever you want facing whichever way you want.
    5/ Would I use 2 speaker outs at the same time? They are not independently volume controlled so matching speaker sensitivities may be necessary.

From a versatility point of view what are user experiences? Have others gone through the same decision quandry? I'm thinking that since the smallest practical form factor is only 9x9x9 it really makes the equation to using the combo form more sense than if the smallest was say a 11x11x11 or larger. The head is still 9x7x4. A Quilter TB202 is only slightly smaller in cubic volume.

Have any taken a route and wished they could have done it differently or had a feature the other doesn't?

Cheers
    EMike

User Info Menu

I don't see the point of a BUD amp-head except for those players who can keep a cab in a rehearsal-space , one in the car and another one at home.
    If I need more ooompf from my Bud6 I carry an extra Raezers Edge NY6 and have no trouble keeping up with a strongarm drummer, a rotund Hammond B3 or a noisy horn section..... and shlepping the Bud in it's bag is not an issue. Sometimes I wish the Bud had an angled bottom (like the MAMBO amps) so that you could tilt it upwards but that would mess with the down-firing port. In situations where I don't need maximum bass content I do tilt it up towards my ears by cramming a roll of gaffer tape underneath.

User Info Menu

Sometimes I wish my bud had an open back cab, so yes I can definitely see the value of this.

User Info Menu

By the way gitman, one thing I do with my bud 6 is to tilt the amp back with a small onstage wedge and I place a 10x10 plexiglass sheet between the amp and the wedge, this gives the port something to bounce sound waves off of.

Henriksen Bud Head-f89b4ab2-a401-41fd-bdd9-6297101a7204-jpegHenriksen Bud Head-9bbc8d9a-84d6-448b-9d1c-d390a2ea9213-jpeg