The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10
    Hello again guys!

Just recorded my arrangement of this jazz standard and I'm happy to share it with you.

It would be cool to hear from you!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Thanks for uploading this, really enjoyed it!

The sound of the acoustic is really sweet, interested in the recording chain to get it to sound so good.

I dig the arrangement, the chord voicings you're using are really nice, and the feel with the slides into the chords and interspersing the single note lines works great (totally dig that little lick at :35 too, flows perfectly :-)

The triplet lines with the descending notes around 2:40 really wrap up that last chorus, and the final 6/9 chord rings out so nicely.

Great stuff. You make it sound easy, the perfect balance between advanced techniques and joyous musicality!

Quote Originally Posted by modenaboy
    Thanks for uploading this, really enjoyed it!

The sound of the acoustic is really sweet, interested in the recording chain to get it to sound so good.

I dig the arrangement, the chord voicings you're using are really nice, and the feel with the slides into the chords and interspersing the single note lines works great (totally dig that little lick at :35 too, flows perfectly :-)

The triplet lines with the descending notes around 2:40 really wrap up that last chorus, and the final 6/9 chord rings out so nicely.

Great stuff. You make it sound easy, the perfect balance between advanced techniques and joyous musicality!
    Thanks a lot for your comment man!!

The recording chain? Well, it's just the guitar and my Blue Spark mic. Then I equilized it a little bit with VST's and added a little bit of compression, so I could make it sound a bit louder.

User Info Menu

Yummy stuff man. It's like you jazzed up a favorite family dish with some new spices. I like the acoustic sound - old school; the interesting chords and transitions -- new school; choice of song - back to old school; sense of groove -- new school. And there you go -- back and forth, back and forth -- between old school stuff and new school ideas. Delicious indeed!

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing your very tasteful version of a jazz standard. Very nicely done.

If I attempted to upload anything I play, this place would be under high evacuation order.

User Info Menu

It's nice to hear some acoustic jazz on a nice flattop. Archtops are not the only game in town.

User Info Menu

Great job. Excellent playing. The guitar sounds wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

I don't even care for the metallic (to my ears) sound of a mic'ed flattop guitar - but I still thought this sounded great!

dave

User Info Menu

Beautiful, tnx for sharing.

User Info Menu

Great playing!

The 114 is a fine instrument, congrats!