User Info Menu

Referring to these ebony knobs they put on the EX SS. Maybe I have used Ibanez SureGrips for too many years, but I find the ebony knobs way too slippery.

Anyone has replaced them? With what?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by DonEsteban
    Referring to these ebony knobs they put on the EX SS. Maybe I have used Ibanez SureGrips for too many years, but I find the ebony knobs way too slippery.

Anyone has replaced them? With what?
    Inenaz suregrips . It’s worth the upgrade. And where I come from it’s Slippy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

he’s from Spain, it can be slippery, his command of English is terrific. Very good.
    Suregrips, a couple of Ibanez loyalists - love it fellas. The look won’t be the same but if you do a lot of volume swells or other knob associated tricks it’s gotta be suregrips !!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikeinNJ

he’s from Spain, it can be slippery, his command of English is terrific. Very good.
    Suregrips, a couple of Ibanez loyalists - love it fellas. The look won’t be the same but if you do a lot of volume swells or other knob associated tricks it’s gotta be suregrips !!
    I just live in the hick town lol . And it’s hard to beat an Ibanez when it comes to the semi hollows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input. I did it today. Admitted, the ebony knobs look kind of cooler but with the Ibanez I have regained control. I could always change back if I wanted but for the moment....

D'Angelico EX SS knobs are so slippery-suregrip-jpg

User Info Menu

Here's a fix on the cheap... Maybe the Ibanez no slip knobs are a better idea :-)

D'Angelico EX SS knobs are so slippery-ex-ss_knobs-jpg

User Info Menu

I see the sense in it... you replaced the switch and now a rubber band does the friction .... step by step ... slowly working towards an ideal EX SS together ... hahaha

PS. replacing the overly loud switch with a smoother one will be the next thing I'll do.

User Info Menu

Ibanez suregrip are the best option, I have in my d’aquisto or the solution that I discover in my cort

D'Angelico EX SS knobs are so slippery-29e608b1-56f6-48df-8576-9c849e6b336c-jpg

User Info Menu

Suregrips make a significant different to control - it's one of the things I love on my 1980 AS200 .... together with the super 58 pickups, velve-tune tuners, neck..... a simple idea but makes a big difference !