Quote Originally Posted by Gabor
...for my BOSS GT-001 (same as GT-100) only headphone worked .

I tried DV Mark 12, Fender Mustang in clean studio preamp setting and Bugera V5 Infinium.
The sad truth is that the sound coming out has nothing to do with the modelled amp, not even close, except if using a headphone...
I'm still at the shallow end of the vast, deep and unknown modeling amp/IR pool. While many posters advocate clean and flat amps, the speaker within has received very little attention. Guitar speakers always have a trough and a hump in their response curve. That has already been modeled into the outgoing signal, which should then be projected as faithfully as possible. Bringing it to another guitar speaker inevitably colors the tone. This is why headphones work better. Celestion and Jensen have recently introduced 12", 100-150W FRFR Neo speakers, and I have a couple of those Jensens awaiting further testing in my TOOB cabs. I expect the half-open 12B bass version to give the best result. A jazz guitarist doesn't need a 1,000W PA cab onstage. Any good Class D 200 W bass head will work. For example, a TOOB 12FR / TC Electronic BAM 200 combination would weigh about 12 lbs and cost around 500 USD. A telescopic version of the cab adds a couple of hundreds.

SICA (Jensen's parent brand) also has a fantastic 6.5" FRFR speaker which I'm using in the new TOOB Metro 6.5FR version. The Quilter Interblock is a perfect match if the clean headroom is enough for the player's volume needs. The SICA handles up to 130W, so the BAM is again a good amp option. Eminence's Alphalite 6A speaker also does a good job but is more expensive.

While I brought up these concrete examples from my own small world, I'm not wearing a salesman's hat - yet. Further understanding and testing I required at this end. But if there's volunteers out there, send me a PM.

Our website is finally up-to-date: Home New