The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Posts 426 to 436 of 436
    WOW.....this post has almost 25,000 views

Mark Campellone is a rock, oops.....jazz star.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    The V1K is 17x3 / 25 inch scale / 1-11/16 nut.
    I hope that's a good combo, because that's what I just ordered from Mark!

User Info Menu

While we are on the subject, I just ordered a blonde guitar from Mark, and am on the fence as to natural or tinted.

Does anyone who has ordered from him feel strongly about which is the better finish? Mark says that the natural finish ages to yellow pretty quickly anyway.

Also, some tinted finishes look too yellow to me, kind of unnatural. Or maybe it's possible to add just a bit of tint to get you started.

First world problem, I know!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaybill
    While we are on the subject, I just ordered a blonde guitar from Mark, and am on the fence as to natural or tinted.

Does anyone who has ordered from him feel strongly about which is the better finish? Mark says that the natural finish ages to yellow pretty quickly anyway.

Also, some tinted finishes look too yellow to me, kind of unnatural. Or maybe it's possible to add just a bit of tint to get you started.

I'm jealous of those of you who are ordering guitars now - I'm on the queue about 24 months forward!

I'd go with natural, no tint, and let the natural aging of the lacquer reveal that beauty over time.

User Info Menu

Hi bluejaybill
    Not a Campy owner sadly, but my natural L5 took about ten years to go honey. Once it did it really was awesome. Dont know about you but if it were today I probably dont have the ten to wait lol!

User Info Menu

The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-0214e726-66ae-4789-b379-efc7f2ab61f2-jpgI just feel like natural is a bit too bright. I prefer the antique natural that Mark C applies. To my eyes it has a bit more depth and a bit more warmth.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaybill

User Info Menu

I like it when they turn this colour:
    Attached Images Attached Images The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-l-7-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 02-24-2021 at 03:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    I like it when they turn this colour:
    Yes, that's what they call in the Martin world pumpkin! Sitka spruce turns more that color than some other spruces.

My old 000 is almost that color.

User Info Menu

I definitely admire the inlay and wood art on fancier archtops. But I remem er a conversation with Mark Campellone way back where he told me. His Std e try level guitars played and sounded the same as his fanciest models.

So while I can appreciate a Beautiful Blonde,LOL ! As a player I would consider the tone and playability first and foremost. And after playing a Campellone Deluxe owned by freind , they are GREAT!

User Info Menu

Mark offers a pile of colours as part of his standard range. Here's another one - this is his "amberburst":
    Attached Images Attached Images The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-campellone_1986-jpg The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-campellone_1981-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 02-23-2021 at 06:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Hammer, the amber burst and Maccasar (or Rosewood) is a beautiful combo.
    Thanks for posting those pictures.
    JD