The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Posts 351 to 375 of 433

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Soulero
    Hi everyone, I have a guitar in this batch, the one with two p90s on the previous page. I wanted to get an L5 but the two things I wanted were a beefy neck profile (about 1") and p90s, and most of the L5s in my price range from the 70s on have slimmer or medium necks and humbuckers. I would love a 50s L5 with p90s but they seem to go for around 20k, and I got this one for less than 6k. I will get Mark's guitar very soon and I'm very excited to play it. Of course it will be more of an electric guitar because of the 2 pickups and Mark built it with a thicker top than he would a more acoustic guitar. Mark has been great to work with and it's been a fun process.
    Lovely instrument! Please post some pix of your guitar once you have it in hand. I agree that an old L-5 with P-90s has a charm all its own, especially if it has the right neck.
    Attached Images Attached Images The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-campellone-p90s-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skiboyny
    I thought you had real data to offer.
    that is real data. you have no real argument.

User Info Menu

Vinny
    I'm excited for you about this new guitar. Whatever the votes are on the Gibson vs. Campellone debate, clearly this guitar sets the bar on what a 17" archtop should look like and how it should be crafted. You know how much I love Gibsons, but I would be shocked if your new guitar does not leave virtually any Gibson in the dust. Not even because the Gibsons are "bad," but because this instrument is so fantastic.

There is a Bible verse I love--not for religious reasons, btw (thought yeah, that too) but for it's logic. They guy in Proverbs 31:29 is loading up the praises for the ideal wife, and says something that I find arresting. "Many daughters have done excellently, but you excel them all."

I love how he can praise his wife, but not by putting down other women. He doesn't say "In a world of really awful women, you're the best I can find." He says "All those other women are amazing! In a world full of fantastic, compelling women, you go beyond all of them."

Your Campy looks like a guitar that will make even the best instruments out there pale in comparison. I hope I get to hear it played, not just drool over the pictures! I know you don't like to post clips, but could you let Stringswinger or JoeD or somebody play it and make a clip for us?

I will seat all my Gibsons in front of the screen and say "Look here, you all, this is how it's done!"

User Info Menu

Right on! Don Mills

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ronjazz
    that is real data. you have no real argument.
    I have no argument at all. Seemed like a statement that had some fact behind it. In the end it's just an opinion.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skiboyny
    I have no argument at all. Seemed like a statement that had some fact behind it. In the end it's just an opinion.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You're so sad. As if playing the actual guitars involved isn't enough for such a silly boy as you.

User Info Menu

Joined the Campellone revolution this morning. Spoke to Mark, who is indeed the gentleman everyone says he is, and ordered a Deluxe model, Cherry Sunburst, thinline (a la Byrdland), 16 inches and floating pickup.

I'll keep you posted as to its progress. Thanks to Vinny V. for sharing his expertise and experience with me.

Tony D.

Congrats Tony. Sounds like a sweet guitar. You will need to do a build post like this one so we can all rejoice with you......and drool too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pilotony
    Joined the Campellone revolution this morning. Spoke to Mark, who is indeed the gentleman everyone says he is, and ordered a Deluxe model, Cherry Sunburst, thinline (a la Byrdland), 16 inches and floating pickup.

I'll keep you posted as to its progress. Thanks to Vinny V. for sharing his expertise and experience with me.

Tony D.
    Congrats Tony - your expectations will certainly be met when dealing with Mark. He’s very accommodating and willing to please his customers.

User Info Menu

Tony, Did you get into the October Schedule?
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Tony, Did you get into the October Schedule?
    JD
    I think Mark hinted at that but was uncertain. I'm just glad I decided to do this now, Joe. About 30 seconds into the call I realized that he's a straight-shooter.

Can't wait to get to YouTube later.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Tony

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pilotony
    I think Mark hinted at that but was uncertain. I'm just glad I decided to do this now, Joe. About 30 seconds into the call I realized that he's a straight-shooter.
    Can't wait to get to YouTube later.
    Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Tony
    I hope you guys are going great too buddy.
    It is a priviledge to be able to have him build you a guitar. Missing out on John D'Angelico and James D'Aquisto makes this an opportunity that you just cant pass up.
    I am very happy for you Tony.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Hi,

I got a note from Mark yesterday saying he is beginning selecting wood for the next build. I hope to be able to select the quilted maple for the neck, rims, and back soon.

I am absolutely delighted. I have my "Special," serial number 322 to keep me patient while he crafts the next brotherhood of guitars.

Don Mills

PS: I agree that John D'Angelico and James D'Aquisto crafted wonderful instruments.. I have played a Monteleone once, it too was a dream.

User Info Menu

Here are some more shots of my guitar. I'll try to add a video of me playing it in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-campellone1-jpg The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-campellone3-jpg The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-campellone4-jpg The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-campellone6-jpg 

Gorgeous !

The V1K made the Campellone Walk of Fame on Mark's website. Sweet !The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-03acc88a-d032-48b1-aa23-d9af67ac8b13-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-505d4c5d-15af-4c7e-9cfd-7a976090500a-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-551d1965-7d4b-4b52-b679-d7946a931de6-jpg

Look at that fretwork. WOW

User Info Menu

No offense meant to anyone else’s guitar, but that’s the nicest WesMo likely to ever grace these pages, perhaps you should name her Lady

or Stella

IMO if Gibson single bound the pickguard, F-holes, and headstock on the Solid Formed model with the 175 tailpiece those guitars would have flew off the shelves. Just a little extra single ply binding would have made that new model a real winner. They used gorgeous woods on the SF but the ES125 pickguard made it look like a budget guitar. All the SF's I seen had stunning woods. The SF was a great concept but just needed a tiny bit more bling for the price. The one I had was a great playing/sounding guitar. Just needed a bit more bang for the buck. This was my version of that guitar and the fretboard inlays were Mark's idea which I absolutely love. I was going with dots but Mark had a better idea. This guitar will be my last and the most fun to see come to life. This was a great ride for me......Thanks Mark !!!

User Info Menu

This guitar will be my last
    Famous last words.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    IMO if Gibson single bound the pickguard, F-holes, and headstock on the Solid Formed model with the 175 tailpiece those guitars would have flew off the shelves. Just a little extra single ply binding would have made that new model a real winner. They used gorgeous woods on the SF but the ES125 pickguard made it look like a budget guitar. All the SF's I seen had stunning woods. The SF was a great concept but just needed a tiny bit more bling for the price. The one I had was a great playing/sounding guitar. Just needed a bit more bang for the buck. This was my version of that guitar and the fretboard inlays were Mark's idea which I absolutely love. I was going with dots but Mark had a better idea. This guitar will be my last and the most fun to see come to life. This was a great ride for me......Thanks Mark !!!
    Not unlike my Peeless Monarch which continues to astound me with the quality and solidness of its construction. It's a "solid formed" top, lovely woods, and just enough bling to get a smile from me every time I pick it up. The fretwork and setup were flawless (from Guitars-n-Jazz).

The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-peerless_monarch-2-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-peerless_monarch-1-jpg

User Info Menu

I have speculated that a formed top might be more resonant than a carved one, but I have no data to back that up, it's just a thought experiment. I have seen formed laminate tops that are loud and sound good acoustically, and these are mainly made from relatively thick laminations, not the thin ones usually seen. I have a ~1953 Epiphone Century, a student grade model archtop made entirely from plywood, with a few thick laminations, and it sounds amazingly good acoustically, even with a pickup routed into the top. Using a solid formed top certainly is much less wasteful of tonewood.

User Info Menu

Bro, I am very happy with my Solid Formed. I love it and I will keep it for a long, long time.
    But your Campellone, is in a completely different league altogether. Carved Ultra premium woods, Better Pickup, Bound Headstock, 2nd to none build quality, The Tailpiece of all tailpieces, Ebony, Lets not forget, BIRDSEYE maple neck.. That ought to keep you happy for a long, long time.
    Damn, Im so happy for you.
    JD

User Info Menu

I agree that the Solid Formed sounds amazing. Yes it would need more abalone unnecsary stuff for my eyes. Nevertheless i am diggin the superfat tone of my weighty L-5 Wesmo. I wish i can here campellones on a Tom Bridge and with ste humbuckers.

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Here= hear.
    Sorry

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk