The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Posts 226 to 250 of 436
    Mark took the perfect archtop design (L5) and perfected it basically building a better mousetrap. I have a couple friends I have tried to convince this fact to but they simply can’t step out of the “G” box or live without that G on the headstock. I will admit it took me a long time but better late then never. Thanks Steve (QAman) !

People in the know.....know. A new L5 is now $12K. You can get a used L5 in fair to good condition for mid 6’s or a brand new Campellone Deluxe exactly how you want it and far better quality and tone.
    On a side note Mark can really spray a sunburst. Even better than the old Heritage boys. Gibson / best designs - Campellone / best execution.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Don it is dark cherry sunburst.....

User Info Menu

Vinny, beautiful. Stunning.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    hey Don - nice to see the pics of your blonde Special - I forgot how beautiful that back is - that back set came from a source which unfortunately has pretty much dried up - I bought a lot of great wood from them over the years - wish I had bought more because I don't see much stuff of that same quality out there now -
    Here’s the back of my 2011 Special.
    Keith
    The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-b7f9a15e-e9f5-4ed3-97e0-377d620d6ead-jpg

User Info Menu

Beautiful. No, just a work of art!
    Last edited by Don6200; 04-27-2020 at 02:43 AM.

User Info Menu

Mercy!!!

Home stretch. The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-f3621ded-c90f-40de-98cc-02a33fa67f27-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-66743df6-a70a-4089-a82e-3a098edbb194-jpg

User Info Menu

I kinda want one now. Pretty much just like Vins. Don't know if I could afford it.

My dear friend silverfoxx (007 to me) will be in Mark’s next batch.
    Very excited for him. He is a big Gibson fanboy like me. Can’t wait till he experiences the next higher level of archtop Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by floatingpickup
    Here’s the back of my 2011 Special.
    Keith
    The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-b7f9a15e-e9f5-4ed3-97e0-377d620d6ead-jpg
    Stunning Keith ! You won’t find orange peel or buffing marks on a Campellone.
    I remember when my Special was being made a member here pm’d me and told me you won’t believe how good of a sprayer Mark is......Correct !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    hey Don - nice to see the pics of your blonde Special - I forgot how beautiful that back is - that back set came from a source which unfortunately has pretty much dried up - I bought a lot of great wood from them over the years - wish I had bought more because I don't see much stuff of that same quality out there now -
    Hi Mark,
    I'm planning to have you build me one of you're beautiful pieces of art. I'm about an hours drive from you and I was thinking after they lift the band on entering RI, I would like to come down and meet you. Probably in September?

StrBender aka Stephen Prunier

User Info Menu

I am excited for you. I have kept in touch with Mark since 2005. My "Special" was built in 2006. It is a treasure. Yours will be also.

Don Mills

User Info Menu

Thanks for your endorsement of Mark's guitars. He is a remarkable gentleman besides a phenomenal luthier. I have many goals, but one is to sing his praises by learning to play jazz commensurate with my #322 "Special's" voice.

I found a composition of Ned Cosmos' "Stardust" I learned a long time ago. Does it "ring" on #322!

Frankly, it's a goal of mine to keep Mark busy for the next umpteen years creating masterpieces. Also to be a good enough instrumentalist to showcase his instruments.

Well, it is a goal.

My best,

Don Mills

PS: I refer to my " Special" as "#322." The moniker is so fitting.
    Last edited by Don6200; 04-27-2020 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Update comment.

User Info Menu

Be prepared to meet the "Pro from Dover."

Mark is very dedicated to his craft. He told me he doesn’t take vacations he just builds guitars. I have said this many times. In 50 years his guitars will have a value like DA’s have today.
    My regret is jumping on the Campy train late in life.

Mark is a good guy. He made me some ebony saddles for my Gibson’s and refused payment for them. I have talked with several members here that own Campellone’s and all have a huge love for his guitars.

Mark will be 66 in August. Don’t wait too long if you are on the fence.
    He is 2 months younger than me. Bent over carving tops all day is hard on the back and shoulders I am sure. I know I am thinking about retirement. Let’s hope he isn’t.....for at lest a little while.

User Info Menu

I’m more reminded of the early Beatles tune

It Wont Be Long (yeah)

User Info Menu

I’m more reminded of the early Beatles tune

It Wont Be Long (yeah)

User Info Menu

whoops unintentional dOutlet shot

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Mark is very dedicated to his craft. He told me he doesn’t take vacations he just builds guitars. I have said this many times. In 50 years his guitars will have a value like DA’s have today.
    My regret is jumping on the Campy train late in life.

Mark is a good guy. He made me some ebony saddles for my Gibson’s and refused payment for them. I have talked with several members here that own Campellone’s and all have a huge love for his guitars.

Mark will be 66 in August. Don’t wait too long if you are on the fence.
    He is 2 months younger than me. Bent over carving tops all day is hard on the back and shoulders I am sure. I know I am thinking about retirement. Let’s hope he isn’t.....for at lest a little while.
    I just turned 62 and I've started my SS early. I'm my Mom's caretaker (she's 86 acts like 76!) so that's my full time job. It doesn't pay but the benefits are good. Free rent and I get to play guitar as much as I want. I just can't go out often without taking her with me. I tease her and say, if she doesn't act her age I'm putting a band together and she can spend her days riding in a van. She thinks it's so funny she tells her friends all the time

I've been a fan of Marks since the late 90's when I started getting Just Jazz Guitar magazine. I've wanted one for a long time and now is the time to do it. Seeing I live so close to his shop I'd love to go and check it out etc, but that's not possible because of the travel ban. I'm in MA he's in RI. So I might go ahead and order one so I'm on his schedule, and hope to visit before he starts the build. What is the deposit amount 50% + or - ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Strbender
    I just turned 62 and I've started my SS early. I'm my Mom's caretaker (she's 86 acts like 76!) so that's my full time job. It doesn't pay but the benefits are good. Free rent and I get to play guitar as much as I want. I just can't go out often without taking her with me. I tease her and say, if she doesn't act her age I'm putting a band together and she can spend her days riding in a van. She thinks it's so funny she tells her friends all the time

I've been a fan of Marks since the late 90's when I started getting Just Jazz Guitar magazine. I've wanted one for a long time and now is the time to do it. Seeing I live so close to his shop I'd love to go and check it out etc, but that's not possible because of the travel ban. I'm in MA he's in RI. So I might go ahead and order one so I'm on his schedule, and hope to visit before he starts the build. What is the deposit amount 50% + or - ?
    A wise move getting on his backlog list. You will get the guitar when promised- and wonder why you waited so long to buy one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Stunning Keith ! You won’t find orange peel or buffing marks on a Campellone.
    I remember when my Special was being made a member here pm’d me and told me you won’t believe how good of a sprayer Mark is......Correct !
    Absolutely! Mark is the best.
    Keith

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Strbender

Hi Strbender - for regular production models, I require a $500 deposit to begin construction - not sure about travel restrictions between MA and RI, but you're welcome to visit the shop if you're able -

The latest batch plus a couple Gibson projects.The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-5a994c54-b748-473a-b49f-6cdc1052b9e0-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-85b1cd28-62a3-4f46-960e-09364f2e923d-jpg

Note the 2 pup P90 one with block inlays and the single P90 model.

User Info Menu

Wow. Is he making one with a carbon fiber soundboard, or is that one just painted black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro