The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Posts 201 to 225 of 436

User Info Menu

Vinny, that’s the most beautiful guitar I’ve ever seen. Mark, what you are making for my friend is extraordinary. Thank you for taking care of our guy!
    I love this!
    Joe D
    Last edited by Max405; 04-06-2020 at 01:22 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Reaching for my heart medication...wait... I don't take heart medication... reaching for the Kentucky Bourbon...
    This lockdown has rekindled my fondness for Bourbon. While I have always been a Jack Daniels guy (Gentleman Jack has been my "drug of choice" for many years now), I have been experimenting with the Kentucky variations (always liked Blantons, though it has gotten hard to find as of late). My new favorite has been Eagle Rare (made by the Buffalo Trace/Blantons folks), Amazing 10 year old, single barrel Kentucky Bourbon for under $40 a bottle.

Eagle Rare | Buffalo Trace Distillery

Sorry for the thread drift Vinny, but in these times, our fellow jazz guitarists need as much help coping as possible.

This self isolation is going to either cause a big fat belly or cirrhosis of the liver.......LOL.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    This self isolation is going to either cause a big fat belly or cirrhosis of the liver.......LOL.
    Or both.

User Info Menu

Vinny,
    The lacquer really brought out the back beautifully. What a gorgeous guitar this is turning into. I’m happy for you Vinny. It’s good to see something nice besides all the doom and gloom in the news. Hope everyone stays healthy.

User Info Menu

Steve you are so right. Although, I think an era of good feeling is right around the corner.
    I love the wood all over the entire guitar. The wood on the neck is killer.
    Vin, You will favor that guitar. It will make you better and it will get rid of your arthritis..

JD

User Info Menu

The book matching of the large wide quilting is spot on -it almost looks like a one pc back

Mark really did me a solid for sure. This is a Standard with a bunch of no charge upgrades. Thank you Mr.Campellone !!! Can you imagine what Gibson would have charged ? 1st would have been $1000.00 extra just for blonde. Then who knows.....I dislike 2 pu guitars. 4 years ago I inquired about a single pu Tal Farlow. $3k more for less. This Campellone beauty will be my last and most likely my very best.

User Info Menu

I've been "confined to quarters" the last two weeks waiting for the all clear so to speak. Watching your beautiful guitar being built has made this confinement much more bearable.

Thanks Vinny.

Tony D.
    Last edited by pilotony; 04-07-2020 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Syntax

User Info Menu

I am sure Mark is really happy that he is putting a big ole smile on that pretty face of yours bro. In fact, I know it for sure.
    And, never say never.. who knows.. Maybe you’ll be back for a “Cameo” some day soon when some space opens up over at Casa di Vinny..
    JD

User Info Menu

Vinny, the last photos look amazing. Very pleased for you!

User Info Menu

No updates since 4/6? What's up Vinny, how are ya?

Last coat sprayed. Waiting for some dry time and final buff. Then hardware install and final pics. Right on schedule.

User Info Menu

Great guitar! Do you know the serial number yet?

I have been playing #322 hard for several hours a day during the last year. The voicing has gone from super to super-charged. I have used D'Addario PB's for years with excellent results. Several months ago I purchased a set of String Joy PB 11-52's. Try a set sometime. A little pricey but well worth the difference. BTW, I don't get a spiff for mentioning them.

Mark and I have zeroed in on specs for the "Cameo." He says he has several nice sets of quilted he will show me. I cannot wait.

Let us know how yours sounds when you get it.

As an afterthought, I used to own an L-5 C. Beautiful guitar. Built in the 70's. I sold it to buy #322. I now realize I used to play too softly as a soloist. I do not think, in retrospect, it ever reached it's full voice. Too bad. George Gruhn bought it when I had it appraised.

User Info Menu

The L-5 C was built in the 60's, not the 70's

The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-6462b81f-368e-48de-aa6b-324396a1bc44-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-3992675e-0c16-41e3-aeb2-72a56b9d9ff1-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-cb5afc0e-6ca1-485e-a8a8-1d4b25c44dc9-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-79ff26b7-3f80-4912-aaee-198f34ddacbf-jpg

This one kicks sand in my Gibson’s face. I am sure the Campellone V1K will do the same.

The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-095ecbb5-e0b1-42ed-ae67-dd593c9d2037-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-6462b81f-368e-48de-aa6b-324396a1bc44-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-3992675e-0c16-41e3-aeb2-72a56b9d9ff1-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-cb5afc0e-6ca1-485e-a8a8-1d4b25c44dc9-jpgThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-79ff26b7-3f80-4912-aaee-198f34ddacbf-jpg
    This one kicks sand in my Gibson’s face. I am sure the Campellone V1K will do the same.
    Do me a favor bro.
    Cover the Gibson’s with a towel.
    L,J

User Info Menu

[attach=config]71283[/attachThe new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-20200326_105626-jpg

This is my "Special."

Don Mills
    Attached Images Attached Images The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-20200326_110112-jpg 
    Last edited by Don6200; 04-25-2020 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Clarification

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Do me a favor bro.
    Cover the Gibson’s with a towel.
    L,J
    Vinny/Joe,
    These pics of Vinny’s Campellone are exquisite. It’s the the best of a Gibson bourbon finish with tasteful flame and flawless workmanship. With Marks guitars you can rest assured in knowing they all come out beautiful - regardless of trim level - and no stress. Glad to see Marks guitars getting the recognition they deserve. He’s been at it a long time.

User Info Menu

The 'V1K model'! Wow Vinny. That's very nice. I just thought of that early Beatles tune, 'It Won't Be Long'.

User Info Menu

hey Don - nice to see the pics of your blonde Special - I forgot how beautiful that back is - that back set came from a source which unfortunately has pretty much dried up - I bought a lot of great wood from them over the years - wish I had bought more because I don't see much stuff of that same quality out there now -

Gorgeous Special Don ! Total Bengal Tiger.

User Info Menu

It sounds better than it looks!

I've owned an L5c and two Super 400's. All 60s vintage. They were great backup instruments with lots of punch, but not solo guitars. One Super 400 was set up Johnny Smith style. Beautiful instrument I sold for a pretty penny. My guitar teacher during high school had an early 50s L5c which was ambrosia to the ears. Unfortunately mine was not.

My Campy can punch rhythm too, but it is a solo instrumentalist's beast. Sweet with even mids and solid lows. All balanced.

I am an intermediate player and have a super jazz playing instructor. I am in bootcamp, and making progress.

...Don

User Info Menu

Mark, you might remember when you quizzed me about #322's specs. I asked you to select the flamed maple. I remember you going over to your stash and selecting the wood. I was amazed the first time I saw it when I went to RI to pick it up.

The guitar you are doing for Vinny is gorgeous. Love the sunburst. Which sunburst is it?

...Don