Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Posts 76 to 100 of 436

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Pretty standard fare, most have it.
    It's shaping up nicely!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Gosh even in process it's already just ... pretty!

User Info Menu

beauty..that's one clean build!!!

cheers

That was my last one / not the current build.

User Info Menu

That was my last one / not the current build.
    well, so you know what you are gettin! hah..as good as it currently gets!

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    i assume that this would be just the thread to ask mr. campellone about his background...i'd assume he comes from a line of woodworkers and maybe even instrument makers...that kind of eye & understanding is difficult to learn otherwise...not impossible! but...

cheers
    Your question has already been answered, but if I may ,I would like to add comment.
    having become disgruntled at selling my L5CES, Wesmo and others for reasons I will
    not reiterate or bore you with, I looked in vain for replacements without success.
    My friend Vinnyv1k suggested that I look at Mark Campellone's website, I
    imagined that the build cost and import duties into the UK would be prohibitive, But
    the costs were less than expected,, a pleasure to deal with MC, a gentleman and
    of high integrity, I have ordered a guitar knowing that it is extremely unlikely that a
    Gibson in the condition that I expect is attainable ,in comparison to the quality and price
    of a hand built Campellone. Shall I don my Kevlar Headgear in preparation for forthcoming
    indignant responses from others , would you recommend ?
    kind regards Silverfoxx

User Info Menu

beautiful..congrats friend silverfoxx...may these campellone build threads go on for a long long time!!!

cheers

User Info Menu

Looking good Vinny ...-right on schedule. This one is going to be spectacular. Have you made a final decision on finish color?

User Info Menu

"That was my last one / not the current build"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    "That was my last one / not the current build"

wm...seems to invite the possibility of more down the road ..doesn't it?!! hahaha

cheers

User Info Menu

yeah NA, he's gonna give me this one when his new one is ready, he just doesn't know it yet...

User Info Menu

Vin, question..
    Why didn’t you go with the end pin jack instead of the conventional Jack?
    Alan, as for the Kevlar headgear to ward off indignant responses, don’t worry brother, not a single soul would ever want to harm you.
    Mark keeps an insanely neat workplace.
    JD

User Info Menu

i don't prefer the end pin jacks either...they actually impact the build acoustics as much as the side rim jack..and they are a bother besides...a rim with a well done output jack block is fine by me!! detracts little from tone..especially when plugged in...as the inner air pressure remains essentially the same!! and the positioning is a plus

good stuff!

cheers

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Vin, question..
    Alan, as for the Kevlar headgear to ward off indignant responses, don’t worry brother, not a single soul would ever want to harm you.
    JD
    Joe,
    He'll give his reasoning, but in my mind that's the safest place.
    The original electric guitars, the Gibson ES-150 and 250 had t.p. jacks and you've probably never seen a cracked side on one of those as a result.
    I have no idea why they switched to rim mounted jacks save for saving a little money as the originals used more hardware.
    But there are countless side mounted jacks that have cracked and frequently shattered rims. How many times have we seen an otherwise beautiful guitar w a huge plate covering an ugly crack...many!

I'm gonna disagree w NA about this, there's no discernable change in tone imo and almost zero chance of rim cracking and I see no bother!

User Info Menu

The only downside I know of to an endpin jack is that it's awkward to set the guitar down with a straight plug installed, and it might not fit on some stands. Removing the cable fixes that, but it might be too much trouble for some people, I dunno. I have guitars with both configurations, and don't really think it's a huge deal either way. They do make cables with 90 degree plugs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    The only downside I know of to an endpin jack is that it's awkward to set the guitar down with a straight plug installed, and it might not fit on some stands. Removing the cable fixes that, but it might be too much trouble for some people, I dunno. I have guitars with both configurations, and don't really think it's a huge deal either way. They do make cables with 90 degree plugs.
    Most quality modern stands are adjustable to accommodate end pin jacks, ie, say a Hercules, just raise it up a notch or two. Easy peasy and better than an accidental side crack.
    This said, many of my favorite old guitars are side jack, just have to be extra careful ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Most quality modern stands are adjustable to accommodate end pin jacks, ie, say a Hercules, just raise it up a notch or two. Easy peasy and better than an accidental side crack.
    This said, many of my favorite old guitars are side jack, just have to be extra careful ....
    I prefer a side jack with an angled plug. One of my guitars has an endpin jack and I always feel like my chord is in the wrong place with that guitar.

User Info Menu

Is that chord a DbMaj7#5b9 that's in the wrong place?

User Info Menu

Don't know how someone could feel cord placement besides plugging in and unplugging, lol!
    The only advantage to a side mounted jack imo is less fatigue on the cord @ the plug where it meets the cable, though an angled plug would solve that.
    But many of my guitars have side jacks used w angled plugs, it is what it is just need to make sure to secure the cable under the guitar strap to prevent stepping on it and stressing the jack.

User Info Menu

Yeah, if I use a cable with a guitar with a jack in the side, I run the cable up under the strap, around the endpin, so that any jerks in the cable don't directly affect the jack. All my cables have angled plugs on one end. I've pretty much stopped using cables, though, in favor of a wireless system. For guitars with a side mounted jack, I use a 90 degree adapter so the receiver doesn't stick out. On the ones with an endpin jack, I often don't bother, and just use the receiver directly into the jack. It sticks out about the same length as a standard straight plug.

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Looking good Vinny ...-right on schedule. This one is going to be spectacular. Have you made a final decision on finish color?
    Steve though you and me are sunburst guys because of the quilt wood Mark and I both think it should be a blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Vin, question..
    JD
    End pin jacks are way more solid and safe and great for home use. If you need to plug in fast forget about it. I always associate end pin jacks with floater pu’s. I am a Wesmo configuration guy.

User Info Menu

End pin jacks are way more solid and safe and great for home use. If you need to plug in fast forget about it. I always associate end pin jacks with floater pu’s. I am a Wesmo configuration guy.
    Got it.

User Info Menu

"because of the quilt wood Mark and I both think it should be a blonde."
    I PRAY Mark says this to me one day soon..

User Info Menu

Steve though you and me are sunburst guys because of the quilt wood Mark and I both think it should be a blonde.
    Vinny - blonde will be spectacular with the bubble maple ....can’t wait to see that figure pop.