The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Posts 251 to 275 of 436

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett
    Wow. Is he making one with a carbon fiber soundboard, or is that one just painted black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Heck no - it's a spruce top painted black : )

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Jimmy Bruno’s new Comins has a black top. Must be a new style.
    I love the look of a all black L5.

The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-31f08151-9e65-42ec-b6c9-9faf01fc6ae7-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Jimmy Bruno’s new Comins has a black top. Must be a new style.
    I love the look of a all black L5.
    The real story is one of Bill’s clients who owned that guitar and lives in Colorado (where it can be quite dry in the winter) brought the guitar to Bill while he was exhibiting last year at the 2019 Rocky Mountain Guitar Festival. The guitar’s top had opened up majorly due to be dried out. Bill took it back to his shop, cleated it and finished the repair. To cover up the area where the top had been repaired, Bill sprayed the top black, and installed a pickguard and tailpiece with contrasting sapwood that went well with the dark top. Jimmy lives within a mile of Bill and they are good friends so he’s been playing it (not sure about the arrangement there). My point is that guitar is lemonade from lemons...

User Info Menu

Another batch of excellent instruments.

User Info Menu

Getting excited - the single P90, second from the left is my build.

User Info Menu

Vin, did you get the Antique Natural on the top? That black top natural back and sizes has got me thinking..
    How nice would it be to get a top like skykomshone’s Amber burst with a Natural maple back and sides?
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    The real story is one of Bill’s clients who owned that guitar and lives in Colorado (where it can be quite dry in the winter) brought the guitar to Bill while he was exhibiting last year at the 2019 Rocky Mountain Guitar Festival. The guitar’s top had opened up majorly due to be dried out. Bill took it back to his shop, cleated it and finished the repair. To cover up the area where the top had been repaired, Bill sprayed the top black, and installed a pickguard and tailpiece with contrasting sapwood that went well with the dark top. Jimmy lives within a mile of Bill and they are good friends so he’s been playing it (not sure about the arrangement there). My point is that guitar is lemonade from lemons...
    Great story iim. I am really diggin the contrasting top back and sides.
    JD

User Info Menu

It's a good look. Joe Yanuziello's Carmen Elle used black and sunburst in a similar way and it is a gorgeous instrument.
    Attached Images Attached Images The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-carmen-elle-1-jpg The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-carmen-elle-2-jpg 

User Info Menu

Here's a semi in black/blonde.
    My last Jazzica Custom is being done the same way.
    Attached Images Attached Images The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-verythinclassic-black-blonde-jpg 

User Info Menu

Wow, georgeous.

User Info Menu

Vinny, I still remember my visit with you very vividly when you took out your Campellone Special and let play it! Darn, that guitar is a dream! Don't know how you do it man! All those lovely girls you keep in your closet! They're all going to be mighty jealous when the new Mrs. V1K Special arrives! Cheers!

The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-0aab5f96-82e2-4ad3-803c-5260f9b264b7-jpg

User Info Menu

That is you man. A Diamond. Perfect.
    Im glad you did the Abalone truss cover too.
    I could see why this could be your last. How could you beat that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    A Diamond. Perfect.
    And diamond fretboard inlays.
    With a full-sized Epi Triumph diamond at the 12th.
    The precise balancing point between quietude and bling.

You better play good, Vin -- no blaming the gear here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryL
    Getting excited - the single P90, second from the left is my build.
    Nice snakehead reference on that one.

User Info Menu

I love a black top. Pretty much all my arch tops have black tops. But I cheat, they start black :-D

But Mark’s guitars are so beautiful he could just spray a high gloss clear finish on them and they would be amazing. He could even call them something special, like, I dunno, “blondes”? He should try it. Who knows, it might catch on. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

Hi All,

Beautiful! You are getting a real envy going in the community with sharing Mark's work on "V1K.".

I saw the black front guitar. Elegant. The back and rims are such a beautiful contrast in blond.

My Cameo will start soon. I will share pictures along the way. Mark did that for me when my "Special" was being built in 2006. I posted her in this forum at one point.

Congratulations!

Don Mills

Home stretch The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-b15f7b15-5084-4a0e-b75d-dcb8afc0b553-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    It's a good look. Joe Yanuziello's Carmen Elle used black and sunburst in a similar way and it is a gorgeous instrument.
    That’s beautiful!

User Info Menu

Vinny, you must be absolutely going crazy right about now.
    Gorgeous man. Just gorgeous.
    What a beautiful work of art. And WAIT till the TAILPIECE OF ALL TAILPIECES is attached!!
    Oh my God.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Home stretch The new CAMPELLONE V1K model begins-b15f7b15-5084-4a0e-b75d-dcb8afc0b553-jpg
    Now tha's what I'm talking about. Oh yeah.

User Info Menu

Super. I paid my deposit and Mark said it's in the bank. As soon as I get to my PC, I'll finalize the specs. The next step is selecting the quilted maple.

I wish I jumped on the Campy Train 10 years ago. If I was 5 years younger I would be in the Cameo batch with Don. I am sure they kick sand in a Citation's face. Can't wait to see that Cameo come to life.
    Last edited by vinnyv1k; 05-06-2020 at 04:31 PM.

User Info Menu

That certainly is beautiful. What pickup goes into a dream guitar like that?