Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Epiphone apparently comes out with a USA-made Casino!

    With black P90 covers, the correct body shape and the right headstock..... oh boy, they are tickling my boxes!


    Epiphone Quietly Unveils Made-In-USA Casino | NAMM 2020 | Reverb News


  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    great news...a good casino is a great thing....one of the best epi's ever

    elitist and inspired by lennon casinos were already good..but this!...

    cheers

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Read that last night. Apparently it was so late to NAMM they didn't have pricing info. I'm curious what price point these will land at.

    Another thing that I don't recall seeing in that article was *where* these are being made... Same place as the current Gibson USA production or a different location? They have that new program where officially licensed builders can actually make Gibsons...wonder if that is how these are going?

    Intriguing, but a lot of questions...

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    On man, wouldn't you love to see a new made in USA Deluxe or Triumph?

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chazmo
    On man, wouldn't you love to see a new made in USA Deluxe or Triumph?
    Triumph, please and thank you...

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    I agree with “Brian B.” This sounds great. No info on Epi’s website yet either.

    In addition to price, I’d like to know if they have “cooled-down” the P-90s when compared to the MIC Casinos. My MIC pickups are way too hot. I was in the process of swapping them out, but now I’m waiting for more info.

    I’ve tried playing about five different ES-330s, but always walked away preferring my “el cheapo” Casino to the expensive Gibsons.

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by coriolis

    In addition to price, I’d like to know if they have “cooled-down” the P-90s when compared to the MIC Casinos. My MIC pickups are way too hot. I was in the process of swapping them out, but now I’m waiting for more info.

    the standard epi casino asian made pickups are wound with thinner #43 wire to get a very high resistance number..in the 11-12k area..the classic p90 is #42 wire to around 8-9k resistance...much different

    the elitists and inspired by lennons used gibson pups..vintage #42 wired correctly..i'm sure usa casino will feature same

    cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 01-18-2020 at 09:03 PM. Reason: sp-

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by coriolis

    In addition to price, I’d like to know if they have “cooled-down” the P-90s when compared to the MIC Casinos. My MIC pickups are way too hot. I was in the process of swapping them out, but now I’m waiting for more info.
    There used to be someone on Reverb that rewound them for like $65 a set. Unfortunately I can't find a link right now.

    Edit: Not sure if it was this outfit.

    Rewind F-style and P90 - Gravelin Handcrafted Pickups

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    pickup maestro jason lollar has page about epi p90's-

    he could help as well

    Lollar Pickups: Dogear and Casino Model Page

    cheers

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    This is a pretty cool thing! Price will be crucial for me - but who knows? Definitely intriguing....

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Gotta jump in here, the Epi '61 RI Casino from a few years ago, made in China, is one of the best, if not THE best guitar I own. Casino - yes, 330 - yes, fully hollow and lightweight with a good sized neck and wonderful tone woods. A joy to play with tone to strive for. Gibson P90's and USA electronics.
    That said, if Epi/Gibson wants to make this model more accessible, it's a great thing for guitarists who want a jazzy alternative in Thinline form to, L5's, 335's etc. (Mine has a black pick guard - stock - as in a 1961 Casino)

    I am just so happy with mine!!!

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Mack
    Gotta jump in here, the Epi '61 RI Casino from a few years ago, made in China, is one of the best, if not THE best guitar I own. Casino - yes, 330 - yes, fully hollow and lightweight with a good sized neck and wonderful tone woods. A joy to play with tone to strive for. Gibson P90's and USA electronics.
    That said, if Epi/Gibson wants to make this model more accessible, it's a great thing for guitarists who want a jazzy alternative in Thinline form to, L5's, 335's etc. (Mine has a black pick guard - stock - as in a 1961 Casino)

    I am just so happy with mine!!!
    I agree.
    My MIC Casino is the least expensive guitar that I own. Yet, it is my “go to.” It just feels right.

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    What I find attractive from this USA Casino are the correct body shape, slim f-holes and a better looking headstock. But of course that’s because I secretly want a Gibson ES-330...

    I don’t care about the made in USA, MIC can be just as good.

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    Here's a case where as cool as the original versions were, the imports are really a great deal! The only thing I don't care for is the cheaper poly finish on the import.

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    Every time I see this thread title my brain autocorrects to reviles and I get confused.

  17. #16

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    Every time I see this thread title my brain autocorrects to reviles and I get confused.
    It should have been “reveals” of course, but my wife is Belgian and we speak a lot of french so I wrote reveils out of habit....

    Or perhaps I was blending “reveals” and “unveils”, dunno....

  18. #17

    User Info Menu

    I thought my little joke to be at my expense, autocorrecting brain gets it wrong, and apologize if I came across as a spelling pedant.

  19. #18

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by TedBPhx
    I thought my little joke to be at my expense, autocorrecting brain gets it wrong, and apologize if I came across as a spelling pedant.
    No worries! Didn’t take it that way!

  20. #19

    User Info Menu

    Funny, I visited the Gibson/Epi hall at NAMM, expressly looking for and asking about a Casino Coupe. All they had was a std Casino modestly hung on the back wall. Nobody pointed out these. With something noisy happening on the bandstand all the time, it was nearly impossible to focus on the products.