Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    So a good friend of mine and I have been working on a pedal (he's been working I've just been offering input) to get early jazz and Western swing tones out of amps like the Quilters. My whole mission was inspired by Jonathan Stout's fly rig of a Quilter 101 and Jr Barnyard pedal. This pedal is essentially a solid state EH-150 in a box. It is the actual circuit but using FETS in lieu of tubes (or that is how I am understanding what he told me). I've been gigging this pedal pretty solid for the last few months and probably have a good 40-50 gigs on it and I really dig it. I thought there were folks on here who might like to know about it. Me and another friend of mine recorded this little demo if it at his studio where you also get a quick little bit of my 16" pre-war style Aldridge archtop (formerly Boston Ave). In the video I'm basically showing two sounds that I use a lot, an Oscar Moore type sound and a dirtier Jr. Barnard sound all from a Quilter Overdrive 200 and this pedal. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and answer them or put you in contact with my friend.

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    I want one!

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Hey Jason, sounds great. What's the pickup on that guitar?

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    The pickup is a later DeArmond FHC pickup.

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    Nice pedal. The JB tones are nice, and I really like the flutey notes of the OM setting. Well done!

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    I want one !!

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Sounds really good!
    How much are those pedals?

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Great sounds, and really nice playing!
    Last edited by Rob MacKillop; 01-17-2020 at 07:39 AM.

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    I like those sounds. What settings did you use on the Quilter OD200? Thanks. Any word on when this pedal will be available, and from whom?
    MD

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Sounds great, in both "Oscar" and "Junior" mode. I'd be interested to know about price and availability.

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Sounds fantastic!

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    Great demo. Where do you buy them?

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    First of all : nice playing
    Then : very informative demo, well done !
    And : I LOVE this "Junior" sound, with just what is needed of dirt.

    Where do I send the money to get one ?

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    So I talked to my Friend yesterday about the pedal. He said the chassis are probably still several weeks away as they still have to finalize the layout and everything. They will be a black hammered finish or powder coat with black chicken head knobs to look like an old EH-150 chassis. He also said he'd hand wire one for anybody who didn't want to wait but then it just wouldn't have the art work...it'd pretty much be like the one on the video. They'll be $215.

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by mad dog
    I like those sounds. What settings did you use on the Quilter OD200? Thanks. Any word on when this pedal will be available, and from whom?
    MD
    I always use the clean side with the crunch and lead channels off. I typically have the gain at about 11 o'clock, the bass can be anywhere from 8-11 o'clock depending on the room, mids are usually around noon or lower, and the treble is usually at 8 o'clock. I rarely have the master power set much higher than 25 watts. Hope that helps.

  17. #16

    User Info Menu

    Hi "jasonc",

    please.... tell me what I've to do do get this great pedal?

    Best regards

    Dee Dee

  18. #17

    User Info Menu

    Hi Jason Combs, could your friend post a way to order the pedal here? I am interested in having one or two.

  19. #18

    User Info Menu

    Hey everybody I just wanted to let everyone know what’s going on with the pedal project. At the first of the year the company that we were going to use for our enclosures went out of business so we went on the hunt for a new supplier. When COVID happened the project just kind of got mothballed for awhile. However, I’m happy to report that we have gotten everything together and they are ready. I’ve been making imitation Catalin knobs for my guitars and will offer them on these pedals if anybody should want them. The black knobs I make will be standard and no extra charge but the Catalin style ones require more time and I can only do a few at a time so they’ll cost a little extra. The pedals will be $215 plus tax and shipping and an extra $15 if you want my imitation Catalin knobs. Message me for ordering info. But you all want pics....




  20. #19

    User Info Menu

    Really nice design! Well done.

  21. #20

    User Info Menu

    Hi, could you please send me ordering info, for this pedal. Shipping to the uk required.
    kind regards
    Damian

  22. #21

    User Info Menu

    In message #18 Jasonc wrote:
    "Message me for ordering info."

    Quote Originally Posted by Carbski View Post
    Hi, could you please send me ordering info, for this pedal. Shipping to the uk required.
    kind regards
    Damian

  23. #22

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Carbski View Post
    Hi, could you please send me ordering info, for this pedal. Shipping to the uk required.
    kind regards
    Damian
    I ordered 2 JJ-150 from Jason Combs. I paid him via Paypal. Delivery was prompt. Easy peasy. Just Private Message JasonC.

  24. #23

    User Info Menu

    So... How is the pedal?

  25. #24

    User Info Menu

    How can I order one?

  26. #25

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bobwire View Post
    How can I order one?


    See post # 21.
    Last edited by citizenk74; 01-13-2021 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Addition

  27. #26

    User Info Menu

    Between this pedal and the Barnyard which one gets dirtier/more overdriven?

    Thanks!

  28. #27

    User Info Menu

    Ordered one. Should arrive next week!

  29. #28

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonc View Post
    Hey everybody I just wanted to let everyone know what’s going on with the pedal project. At the first of the year the company that we were going to use for our enclosures went out of business so we went on the hunt for a new supplier. When COVID happened the project just kind of got mothballed for awhile. However, I’m happy to report that we have gotten everything together and they are ready. I’ve been making imitation Catalin knobs for my guitars and will offer them on these pedals if anybody should want them. The black knobs I make will be standard and no extra charge but the Catalin style ones require more time and I can only do a few at a time so they’ll cost a little extra. The pedals will be $215 plus tax and shipping and an extra $15 if you want my imitation Catalin knobs. Message me for ordering info. But you all want pics....



    Those look and sound great! Do you ship to Canada?