The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 67 of 67

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasonc
    The push pull on the tone control is a newer feature. However, those of you who have an earlier version can get in touch with me and we can either mod it for you if you send it to us or we can tell you how to perform the mod. The pulled out version basically starts where the dark setting ends. I’m actually having him make the bright setting the default since most folks seem to like it.
    I think that's a good idea. I couldn't imagine using the dark setting... IDK anything about Quilter amps (like in the demo), but even with my PRRI the dark setting was too dark, even with the tone control cranked.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

hey there - i'd be curious if anyone has recorded any video (or just audio) demos w/ the JJ-150? I've inquired about ordering but would love to hear more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MattG2685
    hey there - i'd be curious if anyone has recorded any video (or just audio) demos w/ the JJ-150? I've inquired about ordering but would love to hear more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Thanks! Long time lurker drawn in to posting.

User Info Menu

I just received one of the earlier ones, purchased from a member here. I'm excited about it after maybe 3 hours of playing and tweeking.

Eastman JazzElite17 with Thomastik JS111 flats
    Quilter MicroPro2
    Raezor's Edge Stealth 10

Wheee!

User Info Menu

Sounds awesome. You decided not to use the chicken-head knobs?

User Info Menu

Here's my rig - I have experimented a lot with the delay, but not the tube pre - I use that to mic a flattop. New pedal option for vintage octal sounds-img_20210611_185158-jpg
    Last edited by garytone; 06-12-2021 at 08:58 AM.

User Info Menu

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but any chance anyone else has any words on this pedal? I’m really torn which way to go. I have the opportunity to get this or the original Jr Barnyard with boost. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Well, I really like mine as shown in the 2 threads above.

In fact, I think I'll go play it right now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by garytone
    Well, I really like mine as shown in the 2 threads above.

In fact, I think I'll go play it right now.
    unfortunatey with this pedal they haven’t gotten the “marketing” backing of the other one. There’s only one, maybe two videos, and they are not very helpful. There’s dozens of videos of the Barnyard showing what the knobs and switches do and how they affect the tone. I’m pretty iffy on buying something when it’s legitimately based on written things about circuitry.

User Info Menu

Sounds like you may have already have made up your mind. Good luck finding what you're looking for.

User Info Menu

im just gonna wait and see if any demos actually manage to pop up.

Sounds like you may have already have made up your mind. Good luck finding what you're looking for.

User Info Menu

Hi. I just registered on this forum specifically to contact Jason to order one of these but after trying it looks like i have not 'earned' the privilege to private message yet. If Jason reads this please could he message me with ordering details? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elnico
    Hi. I just registered on this forum specifically to contact Jason to order one of these but after trying it looks like i have not 'earned' the privilege to private message yet. If Jason reads this please could he message me with ordering details? Thanks.
    Hi Elnico -- welcome!

Or try his web site!

Marc

User Info Menu

Here's my rig - I have experimented a lot with the delay, but not the tube pre - I use that to mic a flattop. New pedal option for vintage octal sounds-img_20210611_185158-jpg
    That's an awesome rig. Is it a RE 12, or 12ER?

User Info Menu

My website is indeed the best way to get a hold of me. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    That's an awesome rig. Is it a RE 12, or 12ER?
    Thanks !

It's a Stealth 10. I researched the heck out of it on this site mostly, and decided on the 10. Unbelievable response, and all the bottom I want. In fact, I play it with the bass control barely above 0. That's with Thomastic flats.

Oh, and I painted the grill after an old Magnatone amp.