The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

She's been in my possession since 1994 (traded an Alesis HR16B drum machine)
    Attached Images Attached Images 1939 Penco E20N-night-jpg 1939 Penco E20N-head-jpg 1939 Penco E20N-penco-label-jpg 1939 Penco E20N-detailing-jpg 1939 Penco E20N-bridge-jpg 1939 Penco E20N-volume-toggle-tone-jpg 1939 Penco E20N-before-jpg 1939 Penco E20N-penco-front-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Too many close up pics and not one to see the whole thing! Back up a few feet and let's see it all.

User Info Menu

I'd guess mid 70s.

User Info Menu

Agree, it's 80s made in Japan. Check the Ibanez Collector's World site for more into via a search... Maksumoto is my guess. Pickups might be Maxon's. You can pop one and check the serial numbers by doing a Yahoo search for the serial numbers, which is available online...

Big

Buzzy has one on GBase

1980 PENCO E20N Blonde > Guitars Electric Semi-Hollow Body | Lark Street Music

Quote Originally Posted by GNAPPI
    Too many close up pics and not one to see the whole thing! Back up a few feet and let's see it all.

User Info Menu

Penco was one of the Matsumoku brands in the late-70s/early-80s. Good guitars. BigMike is right about the Maxon pickups. They are really nice pickups, by the way.

User Info Menu

I just googled "Penco Guitar" and got plenty of hits, including a wiki page, which says they were made by Hoshino (Ibanez), in whatever factories they were using at the time. This was Based on the open book headstock, wouldn't that mean 78 or 79 at the latest?

Penco Guitars - Wikipedia

John

User Info Menu

Ibanez doesn’t have a factory and never did. They job out to companies like Matsumoto, Terada and lately their lower end stuff to the Chinese. Aria also producd a guitar just like this N20, to my knowledge Ibanez never used that two screw setup for their necks. Other companies ran with the open book design at their peril, these are probably late 70s guitars, by then Ibanez had terrific 335 models of their own that didn’t need to look like Gibson to get great artist to endorse them, they played and sounded amazing.

‘’Hey for the money this N20 is a decent guitar