Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Some of you readers with severe GAS (I am a long time sufferer) will recognize Stephen Holst as a custom jazz guitar luthier of great skill. His instruments are built to spec and are offered at a price that is a bargain compared to his peers. I've wanted one for a long time but alway chased another luthier when I had the urge. Last year I finally got around to placing an order. It's ready. Standard 16" / 3 " size. Standard neck. I had him use a mounted KA handwound pickup and also had him do a violin style purfling / bead curve to set off the edges. Looks phenomenal. The subtle burst really appeals to me. Steve is a true craftsman. Should have it late this week or early next.

Cincy

Stephen Holst-e1-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Stephen Holst-e2-jpg 
    Last edited by Cincy2; 01-13-2020 at 10:06 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks real nice - let us know how it feels and sounds.

User Info Menu

Beautiful ! Mine is being sprayed right now. Soon for me too.
    Lovely archtop for sure.

User Info Menu

Stephen is a great talent. I met him back in 2001 and he built a couple of custom tailpieces for me. He’s currently carving the top of a 17x3 beauty as we speak can’t wait.
    You did great by him. Keep us posted

Big

User Info Menu

nice!! love the violin style purfing and the understated burst..very hofner!!

congrats & enjoy

cheers

User Info Menu

Gorgeous!!! Congrats!! Let us know when you get it!

User Info Menu

Excellent can't wait to hear it!

User Info Menu

What a gorgeous instrument!

Congratulations!!

User Info Menu

This is another underrated builder. He will build basically anything you want. That violin binding you know was not easy to do. He is a one of a kind guitar type builder. Congrats Cincy. Beautiful !

User Info Menu

Looking forward to your NGD!

User Info Menu

Stephen Holst-e13ec35c-b95e-4cb2-aa15-94d637c66184-jpgStephen Holst-9aa34e2a-ef60-467f-925f-82e973faca56-jpg

Mine is getting close.... :-)

User Info Menu

it sure is Vinny...
    mine is too, I’m gonna post a full build three when it’s done

Big

User Info Menu

Progress shot, tomorrow he cuts the dovetail joint. The maple and spruce are crazy gorgeous.

Big

Stephen Holst-3ad05bda-66df-46fc-bde6-814c75e61783-jpg