The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    The time is coming when it will kill them to ask you for help. That phase will come and go.
    Yeah, we were just talking about that in the other thread, right? This stuff has been on my mind a bit. I know it's inevitable. I'll be waiting on the other side for them.

I'm super close with my dad now. I'm hoping I'm doing what I need to do to make sure they'll want to be that close to me when they get older. Damn this shit is difficult.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Human relationships are always difficult. Spouses, siblings, children/parents, friends, colleagues, it's all hard, and the closer the relationship, the more difficult, because the more you care about someone, the more they can hurt you, and the more they make you happy. All I know is to keep on loving your kids, and hope for the best. It saddens me when I see parents and children who are estranged. I don't even like the occasional disagreement, although they're inevitable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I swear mine didn't either until this past update!

Anywaaaay...thanks again everybody. This guitar is not particularly valuable, I just like it a lot and it has a little sentimental value (bought it right around the time I got married) so I'm planning on hanging onto it...might even get it refretted to make it a little easier to play, the original frets are actually in good shape, but MAN they are TINY!

I hadn't played it much in a while, but I'm getting really into the idea of being a good rhythm guitar player, so it's been out and about a lot.
    Nice playing as always!

Which model is that and what year? I have an older Kay 1956 all-mahogany--nice guitar in every way but the neck is just barely usable. I have it set up with a super-high action for slide right now (which I can't really play but why not?). I have a 1960's Harmony that looks similar to this one. The higher quality Kay and Harmonys are very good indeed and IMO on a par with the cheaper Gibson offerings of the time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    Nice playing as always!

Which model is that and what year? I have an older Kay 1956 all-mahogany--nice guitar in every way but the neck is just barely usable. I have it set up with a super-high action for slide right now (which I can't really play but why not?). I have a 1960's Harmony that looks similar to this one. The higher quality Kay and Harmonys are very good indeed and IMO on a par with the cheaper Gibson offerings of the time.
    From what I've been able to figure out, it's a early 60's "Master Cutaway" model. It would have been a student model, but the top of that line. A local guitar repair shop guy, who loves old Kays and Harmonys and Danelectros says it's probably a pressed solid top, lam back and sides. The neck is in great shape on mine, and it's HUGE. The frets are the tiniest fretwire ever. It's quite loud, and really has that "feel it thump your chest as you play" thing going for it.

User Info Menu

yes many of the late 50's-early 60's harmony, regal, kay archtops used pressed spruce tops...a nice touch..tho often prone to some cracking along the grain line..particularly near the binding edges

& many do need a neck reset to get the neck angle right for lower action...

fun guitars...that often sound great...and look cool!

cheers